Golfers Thread

Gaz

A lot of decent players would probably bite your hand off for a 92 round Carnoustie.

Had only my second round of the week today due to the weather. My opinion that it is a stupid game has not changed, given I hit the same number of fairways and 1 more green, in worse conditions, but was 15 shots better off. Stupid, frustrating, massively enjoyable game!

Glad you enjoyed it. It really is a special place to play. Not sure what you play off but sounds like you played some decent stuff. Well done.

Without having a membership anywhere I don’t have an official handicap but using the online tools/YouTube videos I think I’m playing of 18 (17.8 )

Scott was right tbf, he was making the point that they have hyped it as being unreal distance. The big boys have always been able to get one or two out there, the difference with DeChambeau is that he is hitting the majority that distance, and taking his average up a ridiculous amount. I don't think it was a direct dig at DeChambeau.

That doesn't necessarily mean Scott doesn't think he is a fud.

Without having a membership anywhere I don’t have an official handicap but using the online tools/YouTube videos I think I’m playing of 18 (17.8 )

That’s very decent golfing. More importantly you’ve clearly really enjoyed the day.
I’m due to be playing Moray New, Moray Old and Nairn Dunbar next week. Haven’t played any of them previously. We’ve got a combined ticket for Moray Old and Nairn Dunbar for £100 pp and previous to that a 4 ball on Moray New for £20 per player. Really good value.

Apart from the fact he's generating a huge amount of torque, the body and arm position DeChambeau adopts for everything just looks really rigid and uncomfortable. It obviously works for him, but there's no way I could be arsed with that

Quite a few of the pundits commenting that in terms of swing pathway and club position BDeC has improved since he bulked up. Agree it looks awful though. Every shot I see him hit I’m willing the ball to find trouble.

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Quite a few of the pundits commenting that in terms of swing pathway and club position BDeC has improved since he bulked up. Agree it looks awful though. Every shot I see him hit I’m willing the ball to find trouble.

It is an odd feeling. When guys used to take the "Tiger line" over trees or whatever, you were willing the ball to get there because it was so unusual and exciting. With him, becuase it seems inevitable, you find yourself hoping it just won't get there. And also because he's a dick.