Golfers Thread

Gaz

They're supposedly allowing 4 hr 57 but the first group took 5 hr 13 with nobody in front of them and 6 hours isn't going to be unusual. It's long since got out of control but they won't hammer the players for it. 

5 hours ago, DarkBlue62 said:

I'm looking to play a lot more during this summer. If anyone wants a game then let me know. I'm now a seasonal greenkeeper on the old course so I've got a links ticket for Monday-Friday on the majority of courses in St Andrews.

I'm always up for a game.

Supposed to be really windy tomorrow so could see a big change in the leader board especially with the course being long.

Yes it's so long that Koepka has used nothing bigger than a 7 iron for his second into the par 4s, and 4 of them are over 500 yards.

I don't know what the USGA's thinking was this year, but I like it. Good play is being rewarded with low scores, too often in the past at US Opens that hasn"t been the case with almost impossible pin placements and very little margin for error.

Justin Thomas's round last night was simply phenomenal. Be interesting to see how he and the likes of Harman handles the pressure tonight. Certainly looks like the run of first time major winners will continue.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Yes it's so long that Koepka has used nothing bigger than a 7 iron for his second into the par 4s, and 4 of them are over 500 yards.

I don't know what the USGA's thinking was this year, but I like it. Good play is being rewarded with low scores, too often in the past at US Opens that hasn"t been the case with almost impossible pin placements and very little margin for error.

Justin Thomas's round last night was simply phenomenal. Be interesting to see how he and the likes of Harman handles the pressure tonight. Certainly looks like the run of first time major winners will continue.

Totally agree. Good play rewarded by some fine scoring while still loads of trouble.

Thomas`s round as you say was just fabulous. That eagle on 18 :o :thumsup2