Golfers Thread

Gaz

Was playing on Tuesday night, hit a nice 7 iron shot and the head of the club flew off. Place I bought them are going to reshaft it free of charge and check the rest of them which is nice.

Out last night with my old set, easy 9 iron shot and the thing breaks in the same place!

Never happened to me before then twice in two rounds.8491fef82a62467b4c94c233cf6c8a74.jpg

1 hour ago, gavin_3110 said:

Was playing on Tuesday night, hit a nice 7 iron shot and the head of the club flew off. Place I bought them are going to reshaft it free of charge and check the rest of them which is nice.

Out last night with my old set, easy 9 iron shot and the thing breaks in the same place!

Never happened to me before then twice in two rounds.8491fef82a62467b4c94c233cf6c8a74.jpg

The first step in anger management is accepting that you have a problem. :lol:;)

In January last year it happened to me. Went to hit my 6 iron and on impact the shafts snapped in half. What a weird noise half a golf club makes flying through the air.

And you wouldn't believe how light the other half I was left holding felt!

Needs a big day. In danger of losing his card I read

He had actually lost it, then they figured out they had ballsed up the way they had calculated points for his injury layoff. He and another player got their cards back again.

He had actually lost it, then they figured out they had ballsed up the way they had calculated points for his injury layoff. He and another player got their cards back again.

So he is safe then?
I use to dislike Poults but he has grown on me.

So he is safe then?
I use to dislike Poults but he has grown on me.

Yep, he's got his card for the rest of the year. At the start of the season he had a couple of exemptions to try and win a certain amount to keep his card but didn't manage it, then lost it and got it back again within a couple of days. If he hangs on to the top few places here he'll not be far off guaranteeing his card for next year.

Cabrera Bello has just hit the first ever albatross on the par 5 16th.

Yep, he's got his card for the rest of the year. At the start of the season he had a couple of exemptions to try and win a certain amount to keep his card but didn't manage it, then lost it and got it back again within a couple of days. If he hangs on to the top few places here he'll not be far off guaranteeing his card for next year.

Cabrera Bello has just hit the first ever albatross on the par 5 16th.

Then followed it up with a birdie in the 17th and a par save from off the green at the 18th.

This Korean youngster has been very impressive.

• 2 weeks later...

Decent enough start to the season for me. Started at 5.3, missed buffer by 1 in first medal and spat the dummy and NR'd medal 2 due to poor putting.
Qualified for last 16 of one of our handicap majors last week getting back down to 5.3 in the process. Hitting the ball well and hoping for some good scores when the putting improves.Plenty of golf coming up with ties and opens over the next few weeks which I'm looking forward to.

Tiger has released a statement and it says that alcohol was not involved in his arrest, and that it was an unusually strong reaction to prescribed drugs that caused him to be in the condition he was in.

Odd that he felt need to apologise and talk about getting therapy if it was simply an unexpected reaction to medication.