Golfers Thread

Gaz

On 7/23/2016 at 11:05, trainspotter said:

Looks like golf may be the next sport which equates "innovation" with appealing to the lowest common denominator

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/36872436

That sounds absolutely dreadful.

Played really well tonight on my round, really wish I'd kept score because I'm pretty certain I'd have recorded my first round in the low 90's, even on a soaking course. (for me, that's good!).

Had a lesson using a launch monitor which really sorted my s***k out, absolutely night and day now. I had the clubface wide open, that would do it. Best money I've spent in golf.

Been playing since the start of April and absolutely hooked, no better game when you go through a good couple of holes...

Edited by gavin_3110

On 28 July 2016 at 11:06, doulikefish said:
Had a freebie on the dukes course at st andrews yesterday,some place

Played it at the start of last season but unfortunately all the bunkers were GUR but it's a quality course that offers something a bit different to the links courses.

Edited by mojito

Cracking course. I'm fortunate that I can play it regular as my brother works there and my dad is a member.

12 hours ago, doulikefish said:

10 hours ago, mojito said:

Played it at the start of last season but unfortunately all the greens were GUR but it's a quality course that offers something a bit different to the links courses.

2 hours ago, DarkBlue62 said:

Cracking course. I'm fortunate that I can play it regular as my brother works there and my dad is a member.

Played it twice but both times weather was wet and windy.

In all honesty found it a bit of a slog.

Back up to 8 (7.5) after medal today. Started 7,6 to drop 5 shots then fought back well to be in with an outside chance of buffer before having triple bogey on 14. Drove it reasonably well but most other bits of the game were pretty poor. Round in 88-7 for net 81 (CSS looking like 73). Worst round of the season :(

Not sure if anyone has played at Carluke, 11th hole is quite spectacular. Only 124 yards but a massive drop, even more so than it looks in this photo and with the trees and plants in full bloom. Hit a sand wedge which looked to be coming up short, scudded a path, bounced onto the green and trickled towards the hole and stopped about half a foot out, agony. Nice wee course though.

008.JPG

Nike have announced that they will no longer produce any golf equipment like clubs or bags, but will concentrate on clothing and shoes. Looks like as Tiger has slipped out of view, Nike have struggled to maintain their market share.

Nike have announced that they will no longer produce any golf equipment like clubs or bags, but will concentrate on clothing and shoes. Looks like as Tiger has slipped out of view, Nike have struggled to maintain their market share.

Result for Rory. Still has the massive contract but not hindered by having to use Nike Clubs. Assuming the contract wasn't about to run out anyway.

33 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Pxg will be happy,they seem to be picking up a few players

12 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Pxg will be happy,they seem to be picking up a few players

This way my thought this morning as well. Few big names signed up already - suspect they'll go big for a few of Nikes names. 

Will be interesting to see how Rory would get on using different clubs.

6 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Nike's golf business was growing until a couple of years ago, even with Woods in decline. Adidas is pulling out of golf and selling its Taylor Made, the biggest brand in terms of sales. It's all good news for Callaway.