Golfers Thread

Gaz

Ricky Fowler finding new ways to f**k up a Sunday lead. On the 11th hole he comes up short of the green, then manages to chip it right through the green into the water. Drops out, but because it is on a slope he has to place it, so he does, then walks up to the green to have a look. While he us up there his ball rolls back into the water, another penalty shot and drop out. Manages to get up and down for a triple bogey 7.

9 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
On 21/01/2019 at 20:19, Distant Doonhamer said:
Good finish (18th)  for Russell Knox in this week`s PGA Tour event.

Tied 10th at the Phoenix Open this week, Martin Laird 23rd.

Yes great round by Knox today in tricky conditions. Laird has faded a bit after an early eagle but decent efforts by both. I really like Knox. Comes across as a good guy who really makes the most of his ability.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Ricky Fowler finding new ways to f**k up a Sunday lead. On the 11th hole he comes up short of the green, then manages to chip it right through the green into the water. Drops out, but because it is on a slope he has to place it, so he does, then walks up to the green to have a look. While he us up there his ball rolls back into the water, another penalty shot and drop out. Manages to get up and down for a triple bogey 7.

Looks like Fowler is going to stagger over the line and win. I`m pleased for him. Quite something to have a double and a triple bogey in a final round and still win. :lol:

Knox finishes 10th and Laird 26th, Decent,

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Looks like Fowler is going to stagger over the line and win. I`m pleased for him. Quite something to have a double and a triple bogey in a final round and still win. [emoji38]
Knox finishes 10th and Laird 26th, Decent,

Aye, Ricky got there in the end, partly aided by Grace's 5 on 17, but given everything that had gone on Fowler holed a few clutch putts and found the green with his drive on 17 to get a birdie for a 2 shot cushion going up the last.

Not much being made of Sergio's DQ in Saudi for damaging 5 greens, including taking a divot out of 1 with his putter. This clip was from the day before.

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Aye, Ricky got there in the end, partly aided by Grace's 5 on 17, but given everything that had gone on Fowler holed a few clutch putts and found the green with his drive on 17 to get a birdie for a 2 shot cushion going up the last.

Not much being made of Sergio's DQ in Saudi for damaging 5 greens, including taking a divot out of 1 with his putter. This clip was from the day before.

Heads gone stuff from Garcia. Really poor.

For the first time I was picked to play in our clubs Pennants  team.  Played at the weekend  on our home course and won and thoroughly enjoyed myself!

It was played "off the stick" (no handicaps).  The guy I was playing  would normally be on  a 3 while I'm normally on  a 7.

He was bombing drives 20 - 30m past me all day but my chips and putts and were pretty good. :angel

It was a close match all the way that I eventually  won 2 & 1 , and our team won 5 - 3 (8 man team).

Anybody else play pennants here?

Fantastic finish by David Law at the Vic Open, holing an eagle putt on the 18th green for a back 9 of 31 and claims a maiden European Tour win by 1 shot.
Just checked the leaderboard . What a superb start to his Tour career. Another top 10 for David Drysdale and a decent week for Grant Forrest again as well.

Early days but the early results of the Challenge Tour graduates from last season must be giving them all belief that they can make it at this level.

Just checked the leaderboard . What a superb start to his Tour career. Another top 10 for David Drysdale and a decent week for Grant Forrest again as well.

Early days but the early results of the Challenge Tour graduates from last season must be giving them all belief that they can make it at this level.
Yep, they've all been making cuts and banked a few quid.

Fantastic finish by David Law at the Vic Open, holing an eagle putt on the 18th green for a back 9 of 31 and claims a maiden European Tour win by 1 shot.

When he was about 17/18 he was touted regularly as the next big thing, glad to see he’s got his first win on the European tour and hopefully the first of many

6 hours ago, peasy23 said:

That`s great for Law. What a finish.

Russell Knox tied 7th going into the final round in PGA event at Pebble Beach.