Golfers Thread

Gaz

I've had two more rounds now since the 129 after my lesson - shot 106 on Saturday night and 101 this evening. Very happy with that.

I've had two more rounds now since the 129 after my lesson - shot 106 on Saturday night and 101 this evening. Very happy with that.

Good stuff! Any change is always going to require a period to embed itself, as you wouldn't have initially have felt comfortable with what you were doing, even if you knew it was the right thing, particularly as it sounds like you had your whole swing/setup completely revolutionised. But in the longer term it'll be completely worth it!

I can remember being in that same position. Playing for years trying to get around with a swing and setup that was fundamentally awful. Inconsistent, frustrating, and not really improving. I've never had a professional lesson, but my Dad was a very good player (and fancied himself as a good coach, although in reality, was a total pain in the arse), but after years of ignoring every bit of advice he gave, out of sheer desperation, I eventually relented and listened. We changed my grip, swing plane, length of swing, almost the whole lot. Nightmare. I don't think I spoke to him for about 2 months afterwards.

But, in the end it worked. Well, reasonably, so I now no longer feel like chucking myself into the River Tay after a round!

Keep persevering!

Think I agree with you on that. I used to play at crail, now play at gog magog in Cambridge. Two courses, one was a regional open qualifying course until recently and the other hosts a major amateur event each year (Donald and Westwood both won it in the past). I got down to 8 a few weeks ago, but I think at crail I'd easily be a few strokes less. There are a lot of easy pars and birdie chances at crail on a calm day

I used to love playing Crail, well the Balcomie links anyway. I used to play in the 18 holer there every year. Always a good chance to get the handicap down as if it got a bit windy as the CSS was always up.

There are indeed some good birdie chances though, from memory 2, 4, 10 and 15 were the easiest. On the other side of the coin I always found 5, 8, 12 and 13 to be a total pain in the arse.

If you are looking for some good clubs for cheap prices, take a look on Ebay. I bought my driver, 3 wood and putter of it and it was all under £100. Good clubs too.

I'd be careful using eBay for clubs. Having watched a documentary of how eBay has become a haven for fake clubs I've been totally put off using it for golf equipment.

If you are looking second hand then golfbidder.co.uk might be a better bet.

On Saturday we had the second qualifying round for our Club Championship and despite taking a 6 at the wee par 3 16th, I came in with a 78 (CSS:71).

Had a 75 last week so 153 qualified me for the last 16, think I qualified 12th which I was delighted with.

Knockout stages are no longer seeded so I wound up getting drawn against a 2 handicapper who I play tonight.

Not expecting too much, just going to go out and enjoy it.

Craighead is overcoming the bad reputation it had when it opened. It's a lot longer than balcomie buy well worth playing. Gil hanse was the architect, he was also involved in castle Stuart, budget would have been much much less at crail.

Mum used to play off 6 at crail (club champion four or five times), but when she started playing more in st Andrew's and elie she went up to 10.

Rangoon and Kirklands opens were both cancelled this year. One is for high handicaps and one for low. They used to play on the same day in august but they moved one to may.

I used to love playing Crail, well the Balcomie links anyway. I used to play in the 18 holer there every year. Always a good chance to get the handicap down as if it got a bit windy as the CSS was always up.

There are indeed some good birdie chances though, from memory 2, 4, 10 and 15 were the easiest. On the other side of the coin I always found 5, 8, 12 and 13 to be a total pain in the arse.

Edited by Faraday

542464_10150961041509476_1707040700_n.jpg

Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker.

Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker. Don't hit it in the bunker.

Bugger!!!! I put it in the bunker.

Craighead is overcoming the bad reputation it had when it opened. It's a lot longer than balcomie buy well worth playing. Gil hanse was the architect, he was also involved in castle Stuart, budget would have been much much less at crail.

Mum used to play off 6 at crail (club champion four or five times), but when she started playing more in st Andrew's and elie she went up to 10.

Rangoon and Kirklands opens were both cancelled this year. One is for high handicaps and one for low. They used to play on the same day in august but they moved one to may.

I think the last fews times i played in the 18 holer at Crail, they'd alternate between sticking the 0-9s on ones course, and the 10-18 on the other. I think that binned one year after putting the 10-18s on the Craighead in bad weather. It was a bit of a clusterfuck.

I always managed to dodge it as i was playing off about 4 when the low guys were put out on the Balcomie, then had jacked it in, and come back years later with a 13 handicap and the low guys were put on the Craighead every year. I think it was 2003 or 2004 when the low guys were on the Craighead in an absolute gale. ONE guy broke 80 :lol:

I also played one of the local bandits round the Balcomie in the Bunkered National Matchplay. That was an experience.

Dodged the bunker and made a simple par.. cool.gif

Edited by forzamorton