Golfers Thread

Gaz

3 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

It does feel like this is a bit of a collapse from the PGAT, something has to have prompted that because AFAICS they were on the upper hand in the litigation against LIV.

Made players walk the plank the last year, just to sell them out. Nuts.

3 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Monahan needs to go. 

Apparently Yasir Al-Rumayyan will become chairman of the newly merged, FOR-PROFIT entity. Jay Monahan will become CEO (twitter source so take it with a pinch of salt).  No mention of Norman (which is good). Would have prefered if Monahan was out also.

Edited by Angus_Don

Couldn’t really give a fcuk anymore about professional golf. It’s so far up its own arse now that its inside-out. As long as this announcement doesn’t affect my seniors singles matchplay tie at Kirky’ next week, then whatever. Bunch of shysters.

This is just the beginning for the Saudis. I won't be surprised if the European Super League comes back on the agenda with a pile of Saudi cash behind it. They can't have their Newcastle team slumming it in Luton when they could be playing Real Madrid in Jeddah instead 

11 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Couldn’t really give a fcuk anymore about professional golf. It’s so far up its own arse now that its inside-out. As long as this announcement doesn’t affect my seniors singles matchplay tie at Kirky’ next week, then whatever. Bunch of shysters.

Weird.........talking with a buddy a couple of hours ago about getting tickets for Scottish Open next month. He was back on the phone 15 mins. ago to say "Forget it."

I feel the same way.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/jun/06/pga-tour-liv-golf-and-dp-world-tour-agree-to-make-shock-merger

"LIV Golf rebels have a route back towards the traditional tours and the Ryder Cup from next season after the PGA and DP World Tours joined forces with the Saudi Arabian-backed enterprise in one of the most extraordinary truces in sporting history.

The shock announcement, delivered on Tuesday, will see the Saudi public investment fund pour money in a new company that will effectively control top-level golf. Ongoing litigation between LIV and the PGA Tour – for so long sworn enemies – has come to an abrupt and shocking end."

Edited by Florentine_Pogen