Golfers Thread

Gaz

Yet another collapse cost me dear yesterday (this time at Tulliallan). +3 after 12 holes and cruising, OB off the tee and ran up an 8 at 13th, then dumped a ball in the water at 16th to make double.

Shot +9 with 5 penalty shots. Ragin' doesn't begin to cover it.

Going to Arran in a couple of weeks time to visit a friend that’s working over there, and I will take the clubs over to get a game on the Saturday morning. Anyone on here able to recommend the best course to play if you could only choose one? Would prefer to play 18 holes so that only leaves Brodick, Lamlash and Whiting Bay. Any recommendations on what one would be the best out the 3? 

50 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Going to Arran in a couple of weeks time to visit a friend that’s working over there, and I will take the clubs over to get a game on the Saturday morning. Anyone on here able to recommend the best course to play if you could only choose one? Would prefer to play 18 holes so that only leaves Brodick, Lamlash and Whiting Bay. Any recommendations on what one would be the best out the 3? 

Probably Lamlash, but you are missing out if you skip Shiskine just because it's a 9 holer

1 hour ago, bobbydazzler said:

looking into a new gps watch/rangefinder, anyone have any recommendations what ones are decent to go for?

Bushnell's are probably the best but cost a fortune...but in saying that I'm still using the v2 I bought in about 2012 

On 23/05/2023 at 07:48, Jamie_Beatson said:

Had a round planned for after work today... but unfortunately a herd of cows has escaped a neighbouring field and trampled several of the greens 😂 Looks like most of the course is out of action for a period!

That's standard at Brora.

15 minutes ago, RH33 said:

That's standard at Brora.

They actually managed to repair the damage very quickly and the full greens were back on in two days. I couldn’t see any sign of the damage yesterday.

Unfortunately someone has since gone out on one of the greens and vandalised it by drawing a cock and balls on it in weed killer 😂 poor green keepers aren’t having a good time of it.

A2259DE4-A1BC-4823-BAF7-509C6736D00F.jpeg.5134228927814b11cf5fc08443a16e93.jpeg

1 minute ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

They actually managed to repair the damage very quickly and the full greens were back on in two days. I couldn’t see any sign of the damage yesterday.

Unfortunately someone has since gone out on one of the greens and vandalised it by drawing a cock and balls on it in weed killer 😂 poor green keepers aren’t having a good time of it.

A2259DE4-A1BC-4823-BAF7-509C6736D00F.jpeg.5134228927814b11cf5fc08443a16e93.jpeg

@throbber

Had a spectacular heads gone in todays comp. Through the first 11 holes in +9 gross, looking good for a score in the mid 80s, a great stableford score and a nice handicap cut.

Played the last seven holes in +15, with some absolute nonsense along the way. For example, I all but drove the green on the 16th, a short par four, so decided to putt from the short grass about 20 yards from the flag. Walked off with a four putt bogey. And that wasn’t even the worst of it…

1 hour ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

For example, I all but drove the green on the 16th, a short par four, so decided to putt from the short grass about 20 yards from the flag. Walked off with a four putt bogey. And that wasn’t even the worst of it…

Nothing worse than when you try and play the percentages and it still all goes to sh!t.