Golfers Thread

Gaz

2 hours ago, Marlo Stanfield said:

He has to be the story of the week, Tin Cup made real. Block normally charges 150 bucks for a 45 minute lesson, would imagine that price might rise quickly. 

Personally I think it's a great thing that he realises that was the best week of his life, far too many sportsmen and women don't realise that at the time.

Block's record at local PGA level is phenomenal.

Had a round planned for after work today... but unfortunately a herd of cows has escaped a neighbouring field and trampled several of the greens 😂 Looks like most of the course is out of action for a period!

49 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Had a round planned for after work today... but unfortunately a herd of cows has escaped a neighbouring field and trampled several of the greens 😂 Looks like most of the course is out of action for a period!

Piperdam?

18 hours ago, Marlo Stanfield said:

US Open qualifying in Dallas today. Garcia, McDowell, Knox and Laird in a pretty strong field.

Garcia made it with a pair of 66s on the weekend. The other three missed the qualifying spots, McDowell was a shot back I think.

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

If you want I can host you at Kingennie mate. 

Very kind of you. Currently out at Drumoig where I’m losing my shit at the pace of play and outright ignorance of the pair ahead of me…  torture.

38 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Very kind of you. Currently out at Drumoig where I’m losing my shit at the pace of play and outright ignorance of the pair ahead of me…  torture.

Slow play is absolutely horrendous!

If you need a game and fancy Kingennie just drop me a message mate. Il get something sorted 

54 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I'm now at three rounds in a row where the bell hasn't been rung on a blind hole by the c***s in front of me. 

5 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Oh that's sad to hear play drumoig quiet regular and never had any slow play hold ups 

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Slow play is absolutely horrendous!

If you need a game and fancy Kingennie just drop me a message mate. Il get something sorted 

It was heading towards a four hour plus round as a single player when I had to just call time on it and head off the course to get home in time!

Thing was there were only a series of two balls ahead of me, no idea what was going on. The two ahead of me nipped on the first tee ahead of me - I was 11:24 and was at the starter box buying a drink a couple of minutes sharp of that when they wandered over and started in front of me - no idea if they'd been held up or what was going on, but I was literally standing beside them as they started, so I ended up being right behind them, literally waiting on them to clear the green every single approach.

They were sat on a bench on the 10th tee and chose to hit their drives as I walked towards them between the 9th green and 10th tee. What was really annoying was that they were waiting for greens to clear ahead of them as if they were going to hit 300 yard approaches in having hit 150 yards off the tee.

I eventually got right up to them on the 12th tee, where they turned and asked me if it was always this slow! They were by this point being held up by a group ahead but, equally, they could easily have let me through at any point and at the very least let me try to get on a bit. Instead they went and made me wait on the 12th tee for another ten minutes before I got going...

Lovely course and brilliant greens, just slow today.

35 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

It was heading towards a four hour plus round as a single player when I had to just call time on it and head off the course to get home in time!

Thing was there were only a series of two balls ahead of me, no idea what was going on. The two ahead of me nipped on the first tee ahead of me - I was 11:24 and was at the starter box buying a drink a couple of minutes sharp of that when they wandered over and started in front of me - no idea if they'd been held up or what was going on, but I was literally standing beside them as they started, so I ended up being right behind them, literally waiting on them to clear the green every single approach.

They were sat on a bench on the 10th tee and chose to hit their drives as I walked towards them between the 9th green and 10th tee. What was really annoying was that they were waiting for greens to clear ahead of them as if they were going to hit 300 yard approaches in having hit 150 yards off the tee.

I eventually got right up to them on the 12th tee, where they turned and asked me if it was always this slow! They were by this point being held up by a group ahead but, equally, they could easily have let me through at any point and at the very least let me try to get on a bit. Instead they went and made me wait on the 12th tee for another ten minutes before I got going...

I couldn't be bothered with that. I was out last Thursday evening at my course with nobody in front of me and managed to play 10 holes in 1 hour 20 minutes. It was brilliant. 

35 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

What fucks me off most is the usually misplaced "We pay wur money same as you" arguement. Aye, you pay your money to play golf, within the rulesof golf which include pace of play. This isnt a fucking playground, or a social club where you chat to your mates and play golf when it suits, its a golf club, where you play golf and chat as and when time allows. 

Paying your money doesn't entitle you to play at whatever pace you want and hold up others. 

8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I couldn't be bothered with that. I was out last Thursday evening at my course with nobody in front of me and managed to play 10 holes in 1 hour 20 minutes. It was brilliant. 

I can normally zip round a full 18 by myself in under three hours. 2:45 if I’m really pushing it. And that’s me taking practice swings and lining up my putts properly on the greens. Farting about on tees waiting on guys 300 yards away to hit their shots when it’s busy is a farce.

That said, I hit two drives over 290 yards today (admittedly downwind and on to downslopes) which were incredibly pleasing, though unfortunately the pair ahead of my had cleared out of the way before I hit them 😂