Golfers Thread

Gaz

37 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Koepka's still one ahead but he's getting a bit wobbly. Block just sank a hole in one without touching grass.

37 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

37 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

It’s getting spicy. 

20230521_230248.jpg.2296de48cb59a56d1588be13ba8198a8.jpg

1 minute ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

Am I only one thinking that if Brooks wasn't playing he'd be shouting Get in The Hole! USA USA etc, seems a bit of a p***k.

He’s a p***k, but playing by far the best golf.

4 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

Am I only one thinking that if Brooks wasn't playing he'd be shouting Get in The Hole! USA USA etc, seems a bit of a p***k.

He is. Luckily we only need to put up with him 4 times a year now. 

4 minutes ago, Angus_Don said:

European golfers with the exception of Rahm and McIroy (at his best) are really underwhelming when the pressure is on.

I would add Fitzpatrick as well.  Hovland might get over the line one day if he keeps putting himself in contention but he's not covered himself in glory when in contention thus far in his career. 

Wonder what Block will ultimately look back on as the highlight of the week? The $288,333? Finishing top 15? Qualifying for it again next year? Scoring so steadily at 70-70-70-71? The hole in one? Getting a selfie with Rory? 😃

Some week. 

Sounds like Koepa's got an Irish caddie, I wonder how much time they put into playing and learning the course before the boss arrives? Heard years ago that they get about 10% of the prize money so you'd imagine they'd have to know the course nearly as much as a local.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Sounds like Koepa's got an Irish caddie, I wonder how much time they put into playing and learning the course before the boss arrives? Heard years ago that they get about 10% of the prize money so you'd imagine they'd have to know the course nearly as much as a local.

Think he's been his caddie for years. Before that it was Bob MacIntyre's caddy on his bag but I believe he had to give it up when Koepka joined the PGA Tour because of, em, some legal issues, shall we say. 

6 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I cannot go the guy but that’s Brooks now won the same amount of majors as Seve. Love him or hate him, he’s now the most decorated current regular player (we’ll just discount Phil I think). 

Brooks must be a shoe in for automatically qualifying for the Ryder Cup team now.

Do his earnings even count if he's not a member of the PGA Tour?

America don't really need him in their team considering their strength but it's certainly going to create some awkward questions that Zach Johnson could do without. 

With regards to his major record  he looks to have regained that edge he had 3 or 4 years ago when he was in contention for every major, and his self belief will be through the roof after convincingly getting over the line this time.  Ominous for the rest. 

Very enjoyable Sunday apart from Viktor wobbles in the bunker that took away which could have been a really good finish to the tourney.

Wild to think me/most of us think that Rory played crap and still finished T7 in a major which by anybody else's standards would be a superb week but we are living in Micheal Blocks world now the real winner of the week