Golfers Thread

Gaz

Played a seniors singles tie on the night of the first leg between Real Madrid and Man City. Teed off at 4pm. The two of us walked off the 17th all square at 7.15pm. Decided between us that if we halved the 18th, we had time to replay the tie, as we both hadn’t eaten since lunch, and both wanted time to get home, shower, and collapse in front of the fitba’… I missed a ten footer to win, and we halved. Played the ‘replay’ one week later, again at 4pm. We walked off 17, all square again. I holed a ten footer on 18 to win. Funny old game innit’. 😎

9 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I’d have far less of a problem with Koepka than most of the others, especially Bryson.

I’ll be honest, Koepka is the last guy I’d want to win it from the LIV contingent, the guy is a walloper. He was calling players sellouts when they joined LIV and claimed he wouldn’t chase the money before doing the exact same thing. I thought he came across like a whining wee turd in the recent Netflix series as well. I think Dustin and Charles Varner may be the only 2 who have been honest about their reasons for joining so I still have a bit of respect for them. 

I’d love to see Hovland get the job done but I have a bad feeling the walloper will win it, he’s been in decent form and Hovland’s putting and chipping can be ropey at the best of times nevermind if he’s in a shootout for a major.

Just now, Tartan Dave said:

Love watching Koepka in full flow. Netflix episode with him was a cracking insight to him too

Aye. Sure was. Learned just how much of a soor-pussed walloper he is. Wasn’t the highlight though. The Postman throwing clubs around the locker room trumped greetin’ faced woe-is-me Brooks.

Next time I carve a Penfold Commando into the shite, I plan to consult two rules officials, take fifteen minutes, and argue that I should be able to drop it somewhere nice before I move on…. and any disgruntled kunts behind me who decide to fire their tee shots over my head can frankly fcuk off. It’s the Kirky’ midweek medal fer’ fcuk sake… I’ll take fifteen fcuking minutes if I fcuking well want to.