Golfers Thread

Gaz

34 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

Ewan murrays outrage at Bryson being booed is not replicated in this household. Much lime when football commentators give it the “no one likes to see that” when there’s a pitch invasion/fight etc

I missed this! 

Can we stick Koepka out with Bryson tomorrow and just ignore them? They'd attract all the mashed potato mob and give the rest of us peace

Hope Hovland can get the job done, although like the Masters, if a LIV guy is going to win, I’d have far less of a problem with Koepka than most of the others, especially Bryson.

For those of us who remember Oak Hill hosting the 95 Ryder Cup, it’s interesting to note that event is closer in time to the moon landing than it is to this week’s US PGA…

Played in the first round of the club champs qualifying at Ladybank yesterday. Cruising at +3 through 12 then proceeded to drop 9 shots over the last 6 holes as my iron play and short game dropped off a cliff. A net 75 is still in the mix for the handicap section, but I can wave goodbye to scratch qualification with that.

Those 6 holes were clearly an aberration as I went out in the medal at Tulliallan in the afternoon and shot a net 69 (which could easily have been a 66), which should just about pay for my petrol...