Golfers Thread

Gaz

51 minutes ago, DodgyKnee73 said:

I recommend 18 holes at Dufftown 😂😳

I was a member of Lochwinnoch GC for thirty-six years. Playing on the side of a mountain is therefore nae’ bother to me…. Then I shoved my trolley up the 5th at Lenzie. Where’s feckin’ Sherpa Tenzing when you need him?

’There it is boys, deep breaths, let’s fcuking do this… remember, the 6th is a downhill Par 3’….

3F230CA2-B7BA-45E4-9110-6657DD14F607.jpeg

Edited by pozbaird

10 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

Only caught bits of it today but course is not doing much for me. Don’t think I’ll be glued to it like I usually am for majors

File this under ‘petty things that get on your nerves’ maybe, but I think the course looks awful on TV due to the way they’ve cut the fairways. Looks like one half is cut one way and is dark green, the other half light green. Looks jarring IMHO. Me no likey.

Lovely round today in summer conditions. Lots of good to work with too. 4 Pars and 7 bogeys, which tells me that there's a score in there..... just the one real f**k up on the card. If I sub that NR for a double bogey which is obviously what the nice handicap folks would allocate, then it was a net 71. 

Lots of good golf played. Bodes well for the summer. 

37 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Bob struggling badly at the USPGA, 9 over thru 10 holes of his second round.

Commentators are saying they are expecting the cut to be around +6, if if he can string together a couple of birdies he wont be a million miles away. Looking unlikely mind you considering he’s only managed 1 in 30 holes. 

I must admit I’m not huge on the course either. I’m not against watching guys compete on a really tough course but it seems like they’ve tried too hard on this one. The collars around the greens look honkin’, they are like thick jungle and it looks daft on some of the holes. 

42 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Commentators are saying they are expecting the cut to be around +6, if if he can string together a couple of birdies he wont be a million miles away. Looking unlikely mind you considering he’s only managed 1 in 30 holes. 

I must admit I’m not huge on the course either. I’m not against watching guys compete on a really tough course but it seems like they’ve tried too hard on this one. The collars around the greens look honkin’, they are like thick jungle and it looks daft on some of the holes. 

Aye. It’s meant to be a test…..but not an unenjoyable one 

It's the rough around the fairway bunkers that annoy me ..don't mind rough on the green side as such but the entrances should be trimmed so the ball runs in as the faces on them are test enough 

17 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Lovely round today in summer conditions. Lots of good to work with too. 4 Pars and 7 bogeys, which tells me that there's a score in there..... just the one real f**k up on the card. If I sub that NR for a double bogey which is obviously what the nice handicap folks would allocate, then it was a net 71. 

Lots of good golf played. Bodes well for the summer. 

Yesterday was just tremendous for a round up here. 20 degrees and barely any wind.

I was through 15 in +9, with nothing worse than a bogey on the card, playing brilliantly and striking the ball so well.

Then proceeded to make a 9 on an easy 290 yard par four, and ended up 16 over by the end….

That said, I’m desperately needing to get a couple of cards in and get a cut because I’m playing well below my 22.4 index at the moment and I suspect I’ll piss off the other members badly in the summer comps if I rock up getting something like 24 shots and shooting a net right under 😂 haven’t played a card since last August but spent a lot of time over the winter at the range practising…