Golfers Thread

Gaz

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Calum Hill comes up a shot short off the play off and finishes 3rd. Grant Forrest finishes a shot further back and MacIntyre ends up 6th after a final round 64. 

A pleasing final leaderboard. Bob cost himself a chance of a wn with 6 dropped shots in his second round 72.

Screenshot_20230423_111925_DP World Tour.jpg

Played in a betterball trophy with my mate at Ladybank yesterday - we dovetailed really well and a couple of birdies on stroking holes plus a chip-in magic 2 set us up for a really good score. We didn't quite convert down the stretch and had to settle for a 64 which lost out on countback. Gutted as it'd have been a very early invite to the prizegiving, and we missed holeable putts at 16 and 17.

I also played in the medal at Tulliallan yesterday afternoon - the greens there are in terrific nick given the recent chilly east wind, but I had played all my good golf in the morning so wasn't surprised to limp round in a nett 76.

13 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

Boy in group behind me got a Hole in One on Sunday, first time i've ever seen one in person, wasnt planning on going into clubhouse after but was sold at prospect of a few free nips

Few years back in a medal a guy in the group in front of us aced the 15th.  As we came onto the 18th we spotted him hurriedly loading up his car and disappearing without having made a visit to the bar. Arsehole 

I've always found it strange that you have to buy everyone a drink if you hit a hole in one, surelyyou should get the drinks bought for you after achieving something like that. I wonder if someone got it the wrong way round years ago and its just stuck.

1 hour ago, Marlo Stanfield said:

I've always found it strange that you have to buy everyone a drink if you hit a hole in one, surelyyou should get the drinks bought for you after achieving something like that. I wonder if someone got it the wrong way round years ago and its just stuck.

Imagine how many "fake" holes-in-one would be made in bounce games if people were getting drinks bought for them from a full club-house (and likely to be conveniently made in the week prior to pay-day...)

1 hour ago, Marlo Stanfield said:

It's because of the principle of this that I've gone 30 years or so of golf without a hole in one...

2 hours ago, Marlo Stanfield said:

Agree with this but would go further in saying you should have your drinks bought for you by your golf party, not the entire club house. Being guilted into buying a pint for complete strangers (who are most likely old dicks) for doing something brilliant is an alien concept to me. See your mates right and f**k everyone else. 

There’s no way I would be buying a round of I got a hole in one at my course. The prices are quite high and as has been said earlier I’m not buying a drink for the old duffers who infuriate me with their slow play and all round arse hole ness. 

5 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

There’s no way I would be buying a round of I got a hole in one at my course. The prices are quite high and as has been said earlier I’m not buying a drink for the old duffers who infuriate me with their slow play and all round arse hole ness. 

The done thing at Bishopbriggs the last few years is that the bar staff will lay out a couple of trays of vodka and whisky and you just replace the bottles used, rather than shell out full price. I can only dream that this will be a problem I have someday.