Golfers Thread

Gaz

8 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Don’t think you get them anymore, which is another reason not to bother tbqhwy

Better off knocking it to 1 fott and rolling in the 2, and earning a few quid rather than having to shell out for a better score!

Plus, I always drive to the golf. f**k letting everyone else bevvy. 

11 hours ago, peasy23 said:

The done thing at Bishopbriggs the last few years is that the bar staff will lay out a couple of trays of vodka and whisky and you just replace the bottles used, rather than shell out full price. I can only dream that this will be a problem I have someday.

At my old club they would let you bring a bottle of whisky and sit it on the bar for anyone that wanted a half. I’ve been in the clubhouse once when someone came in after a hole in one and just told the bar staff that everyones next drink is on him, which was a nice touch. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

One of the locals has had a bit of a nightmare this morning and chucked it after 5 holes. +10 thru 5 is some effort, fair play.

B3DDCC61-9658-4F14-ADB9-8713CC8DC339.thumb.jpeg.ce805db81c72257dde5fde8e405aae5f.jpeg

Poor guy. It's a cruel game. From Walking off to the 11th tee with a spring in his step to packing it in on the 14th green 26 shots later..

On 26/04/2023 at 21:42, peasy23 said:

The done thing at Bishopbriggs the last few years is that the bar staff will lay out a couple of trays of vodka and whisky and you just replace the bottles used, rather than shell out full price. I can only dream that this will be a problem I have someday.

Similar at Balbernie...bottle of whisky on the bar and just replace the bottle 

35 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Played this morning. Badly.

A "gentle breeze" according to BBC Weather. Arseholes. It was b*****ding freezing. 

You've effectively summed up my morning, but with far less swearing than I'd have used.

It was like February out there - I half expected to be asked to play off mats...

23 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Bobs tied at the top and Scotty J in 2nd in Korea 👀

MacIntyre bogeyed the first two and couldn't get back under par for the day, ending up tied 7th. Jamieson finished tied 3rd.

Bob is 90th in the world ahead of the cut off for the US Open which is after next week I think. If he stays inside the top 100 he should get in. 

20 hours ago, funky_nomad said:

You've effectively summed up my morning, but with far less swearing than I'd have used.

It was like February out there - I half expected to be asked to play off mats...

Iv not played a round this season that’s not been played in strong winds! 

Joe Lacava is on Paddy Cantlays bag permanently from this week going forward ,apart from the obvious speed him up stuff it's throwing up questions about Tiger playing again as Lacava was Tigers long term bagman and was meant to be on a retainer from Woods to make up for only playing a few tourneys a year and a really good close friend of Tiger.Obvuously Lacava would have spoken to Woods about this but is this the end for Tiger?

18 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Sky Sports are so far up Rory’s hoop that they kept cutting to the Wells Fargo during the DP coverage yesteday to show you any good shot he hit. 

All this 'Tiger' & 'Rory' guff golf commentators indulge in ........either call every player by their first name or every player by their surname. 

36 points in the Stableford competition this morning, certainly much improved on my last couple of games with a card in hand. Probably left 3 points on the course with putts that could/should have been holed. 

Edited by peasy23

On 05/05/2023 at 08:58, peasy23 said:

Says he should be fit for the USPGA. 

Bit worrying that he has a bad back and strapping on his arm but hopefully he's OK soon.  Does anyone know how he got into the PGA? He's 90-something in the world now.  Delighted he's in the field but just not sure how it happened.  Invite, maybe?