Golfers Thread

Gaz

LIV players aren't banned from Augusta, but this would certainly be one way to get there...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/65158414

LIV Golf commissioner Greg Norman says he is getting "goosebumps" thinking about one of his players winning.

"They are saying no matter who wins, no matter who is in that position, we are going to be there," Australian Norman, who three times finished runner-up at the Masters, told NewsCorp.

"They are all going to be there on the 18th green. When you walk up 18, your caddie hugs you then you see your wife or your mum and dad. Now, to have those 17 other guys there, that's the spirit we want."

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

LIV players aren't banned from Augusta, but this would certainly be one way to get there...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/65158414

A horrible wee man that. Basically pre-planning making a classless show of himself.

"It's about growing the game"..... Nope. If the backers of LIV really want it to co exist in time with the other tours, they would do well to punt this entrenched fanny. 

8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

A horrible wee man that. Basically pre-planning making a classless show of himself.

"It's about growing the game"..... Nope. If the backers of LIV really want it to co exist in time with the other tours, they would do well to punt this entrenched fanny. 

I’m amazed none of the LIV players have told him to STFU yet

7 minutes ago, Marlo Stanfield said:

Wasn't fussed either way if a LIV golfer won it but now rooting for a couple to be in contention before dumping it in Rae's Creek on the Sunday.

I'm going for the hopefully non of them make the cut option 

So I've created a fantasy league just for a laugh if anybody wants to join and it's called Sandy Lyles Magic Braces 

https://www.masters.com/en_US/fantasy/join.html?leagueId=18750&leagueJoinToken=431eb65217

Edited by doulikefish

11 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

So I've created a fantasy league just for a laugh if anybody wants to join and it's called Sandy Lyles Magic Braces 

https://www.masters.com/en_US/fantasy/join.html?leagueId=18750&leagueJoinToken=431eb65217

I'm in. 

Looking forward to the Masters a bit more this year since it helpfully coincides with the Easter weekend. 

So who does everyone fancy to rip up the “clown course” this year? 

Id love a final day pairing of Scheffler and Rory. As an E/W bet I think I’m going to put something on Tony Finau and probably Min Woo Lee

Only 3 men have ever successfully defended at the Masters, and I just don't feel Scheffler is going to join them.

My money this week will be going on Spieth, because I always stick money on him, Rory, and I also have a feeling Cam Smith might do something

IMG_0657.gif.c7e82dea4c0ef76331499076e200fad6.gif

^ This will be me on Thurs and Fri afternoon.

I’m throwing my hard-earned cash on Rory, Sandy Shuffle and Minwoo Lee. Weather is looking a wee bit wet so it’s all set up for Rory. Half expecting him to shoot a 78 on Thurs now.

30 minutes ago, ArabGaz said:

IMG_0657.gif.c7e82dea4c0ef76331499076e200fad6.gif

^ This will be me on Thurs and Fri afternoon.

I’m throwing my hard-earned cash on Rory, Sandy Shuffle and Minwoo Lee. Weather is looking a wee bit wet so it’s all set up for Rory. Half expecting him to shoot a 78 on Thurs now.

I seen them saying that there could be thunder storms over the next week. Will be very disruptive 

It's hard to look past the big 3 imo. I've went for Rahm as he's drifted slightly in price and he could go slightly under the radar this week with all the attention on Rory, Scheffler and the LIV guys with a saver on a Rory wire-to-wire win because if he gets off to a good start he'll be tough to beat.

From the next level of players I've already got Finau and Im as ante post bets and I'll probably add Schauffele and either Thomas or Cantlay to that.

Further down there's Rose who has a good record here but the extra length might kill him. I'm taking Mito Pereira and Kurt Kitayama at 3 figure odds.