Golfers Thread

Gaz

McIlroy has just cost me about 2800 quid :lol: how the f**k did he manage to throw that away over the last few holes. I tuned out when I seen him 2up on 15, I am absolutely spewing genuinely cannot believe what I’ve just seen. 

Put an accumulator on this morning for McIlroy to win, along with Forest Green at 7/1 and England -1. Literally could have cashed out for 1200 quid odd on the 15th tee but wasn’t even sweating that he would throw it away. Genuinely feel like turning up at his door and assaulting him, I know he’s a nice guy but he’s just done me up like a kipper, and the worst thing about it is that he is absolutely oblivious to it all. Can’t even watch the rest of the coverage now. 

5 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

3rd place playoff should be good

:lol: Don’t envy Scottie or Rory here, potentially 36+ holes today for the grand prize of 3rd position. Don’t think either of them will be caring much wether they win or lose so we could see some exciting holes between them, they will be going for everything. 

Sandy Lyle calling it a day on the Champions Tour, and like most of his career he does it with very little fanfare.

Seve Ballesteros on Sandy Lyle during his peak - "The greatest God-given talent in history. If everyone in the world was playing their best, Sandy would win and I’d come second.”

On 24/03/2023 at 14:45, Jamie_Beatson said:

Played my best golf ever, by quite a distance, this afternoon. Course on winter tees so playing a bit short - but only really turning one of the par fives into a long par four and everything else just 5-20 yards shorter than usual at the most.

My handicap at the end of last season was 22.4, albeit I hadn’t put a card in since about July.

Round the par 71 course today in 79. 56% GIR and I think I missed one fairway with the driver the whole round. Aim for this season is to get the handicap down to between 15 and 18.

Forget Rory’s driver, this was the result of my 177 yard hybrid on the 7th 😂7D075672-3BB2-4599-B033-EB816CDE8559.thumb.jpeg.f69c28f2397f115197c4fff9f56caa96.jpeg

Yellow ball - doesnt count........

11 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Matt Wallace gets his first win on the PGA Tour as he comes out on top at the Corales Puntacana Championship, finishing a shot ahead of Nicolai Hojgaard.

Does that guarantee him a card for a few years? 

6 minutes ago, Albertlegend said:

Feel like the final has been an anti climax after the quarters and semis being so good! 

Young looks knackered, dunks it in the water on 12 while Burns has an eagle chance. Almost certainly going to be 5 in it.

After playing far less over the winter than normal, I pitched up at Ladybank on Saturday morning for the opening medal with zero expectations.

A couple of swishes to warm up and away - to the surprise of everyone, I started with 6 stress-free pars (with a couple of birdie putts shaving the hole), and I was beginning to think I was a total player and I should just put the clubs away every October. Then came a couple of shanks from the middle of the fairway and, boom, 5 shots gone in 3 holes. Steadied the ship at the start of the back nine before a classic triple-bogey-par-double finish for a nett 76. Reality bites. Worst of it was a shot less down the stretch and I've have qualified for one of the matchplay events that the opening medal doubles as a qualifier for.

Golf, eh?