Golfers Thread

Gaz

On 21/03/2023 at 17:26, doulikefish said:

Remember the dell match play starts on a Weds and is live on 1430 on sky only thing I'm looking out for is Rickie Fowler to make the quarters to get in the masters 

Watching it just now and I'm not sure Luke Donald will be overly enthused by the results being posted by the European players so far. 

Played my best golf ever, by quite a distance, this afternoon. Course on winter tees so playing a bit short - but only really turning one of the par fives into a long par four and everything else just 5-20 yards shorter than usual at the most.

My handicap at the end of last season was 22.4, albeit I hadn’t put a card in since about July.

Round the par 71 course today in 79. 56% GIR and I think I missed one fairway with the driver the whole round. Aim for this season is to get the handicap down to between 15 and 18.

Forget Rory’s driver, this was the result of my 177 yard hybrid on the 7th 😂7D075672-3BB2-4599-B033-EB816CDE8559.thumb.jpeg.f69c28f2397f115197c4fff9f56caa96.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Played my best golf ever, by quite a distance, this afternoon. Course on winter tees so playing a bit short - but only really turning one of the par fives into a long par four and everything else just 5-20 yards shorter than usual at the most.

My handicap at the end of last season was 22.4, albeit I hadn’t put a card in since about July.

Round the par 71 course today in 79. 56% GIR and I think I missed one fairway with the driver the whole round. Aim for this season is to get the handicap down to between 15 and 18.

Forget Rory’s driver, this was the result of my 177 yard hybrid on the 7th 😂7D075672-3BB2-4599-B033-EB816CDE8559.thumb.jpeg.f69c28f2397f115197c4fff9f56caa96.jpeg

I had a good round the other day aswell. What a difference it makes to your enjoyment and confidence. I was playing in a fourball, team matchplay so didn't really keep my score but I was driving the ball well and crucially getting good length on my longer irons which is unusual for me. 

Putting was calamitous mostly but drained a 10 footer for a par on the last to half the match. That's real pressure. Rory wouldn't manage that IMO

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I had a good round the other day aswell. What a difference it makes to your enjoyment and confidence. I was playing in a fourball, team matchplay so didn't really keep my score but I was driving the ball well and crucially getting good length on my longer irons which is unusual for me. 

Putting was calamitous mostly but drained a 10 footer for a par on the last to half the match. That's real pressure. Rory wouldn't manage that IMO

My one real bad tee shot of the day was on the third when I caught up with a group of seven lads playing a scramble on a guy’s stag. Far too big an audience watching, way too much pressure and I topped it into a bunker 😂

Just looked at my scorecard and I played the last 12 holes in +1, which is just ridiculous.

24 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

I know they’re getting rid of the matchplay but if they weren’t… how could they make it better? Find the groups quite hard to follow. The more outlandish the idea, the better

Play it at Anstruther, and only on the 5th. Winner stays on.

On 24/03/2023 at 21:47, Tartan Dave said:

I know they’re getting rid of the matchplay but if they weren’t… how could they make it better? Find the groups quite hard to follow. The more outlandish the idea, the better

I don't actually mind the groups part tbh, but they could scrap them and play it over 4 days. Make the first two rounds strokeplay with the top 16 qualifying for the knockout Matchplay stages?

I think it's the weekend that is causing it to be scrapped though, especially on Sunday when they have hardly any golf to show.

Edited by peasy23