Golfers Thread

Gaz

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Still some total dross in amongst that lot. Not exactly the level of recruitment they were hinting at towards the end of last season.

Aye, they were targeting 7 top 20 players iirc. Peiters and Periera are good signings tbf but it's all incredibly underwhelming to all but the most ardent LIV fans.

Interesting Bunkered article here though...

https://www.bunkered.co.uk/golf-news/how-liv-blew-up-mens-professional-golf

Iv started watching full swing. Like it so far. I read the thing on here slagging Spieth and Thomas, but there was nothing in that at all. I think someone maybe said that reviewer was never going to like it. 

On episode 2 and I can see why Koepka went to Liv. So much self doubt in him. Absolutely no confidence whatsoever in his own ability to get back. Didn't quite get to feeling sorry for him, mostly because of his relentless moping and self pity, but also maybe because of the fucking incredible house and minted wife who surrounded his moping. 

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’ve watched eps of Full Swing so far and agree with most of the comments so far. The Waste Management Pheonix Open looks like fucking hell on earth. 

I've heard from people that have been there that it's absolutely epic to go to if a spectator,last year was a shambles but take out the streaker and this year looked ok tbf.

14 hours ago, doulikefish said:

I've heard from people that have been there that it's absolutely epic to go to if a spectator,last year was a shambles but take out the streaker and this year looked ok tbf.

Absolutely pished Americans with their tops off throwing beer over you/the course and screaming abuse at the players or MASHED POTATOES every few seconds.

Aye, haud me back!

I've now watched 5 episodes of Full Swing and, whilst it's pretty superficial for the most part, the theming of the episodes have work pretty well for the narrative approach (top marks to Joel Dahmen for giving the continuity guys kittens with his scattergun approach to male grooming...), although I suppose it helps that there's no point using a linear approach to build drama as everyone knows the outcomes.

Dahmen and his caddie come across as a guys you'd happily share a few beers with, and Tony Finau definitely has his priorities right.

What were the chances that Poulter equates trousers to personality, and that Matt Fitzpatrick is the dullest man on tour, though? 🙄

6 hours ago, funky_nomad said:

I've now watched 5 episodes of Full Swing and, whilst it's pretty superficial for the most part, the theming of the episodes have work pretty well for the narrative approach (top marks to Joel Dahmen for giving the continuity guys kittens with his scattergun approach to male grooming...), although I suppose it helps that there's no point using a linear approach to build drama as everyone knows the outcomes.

Dahmen and his caddie come across as a guys you'd happily share a few beers with, and Tony Finau definitely has his priorities right.

What were the chances that Poulter equates trousers to personality, and that Matt Fitzpatrick is the dullest man on tour, though? 🙄

There’s nae denying Fitzpatrick is a wee dweeb but I respect the work and analysis he puts in, he seems like a nice enough guy and deserves his success. I actually liked him a lot more after watching his episode and my favourite part of the Poulter episode was wee Fitzapatrick scudding him and sending him into an embarassing meltdown, just after him telling us how great his singles record is at the Ryder Cup.

18 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

There’s nae denying Fitzpatrick is a wee dweeb but I respect the work and analysis he puts in, he seems like a nice enough guy and deserves his success. I actually liked him a lot more after watching his episode and my favourite part of the Poulter episode was wee Fitzapatrick scudding him and sending him into an embarassing meltdown, just after him telling us how great his singles record is at the Ryder Cup.

Recording every shot you've hit since the age of 15, though - he must be a right hoot at parties...