Golfers Thread

Gaz

On 22/02/2023 at 15:45, funky_nomad said:

I've now watched 5 episodes of Full Swing and, whilst it's pretty superficial for the most part, the theming of the episodes have work pretty well for the narrative approach (top marks to Joel Dahmen for giving the continuity guys kittens with his scattergun approach to male grooming...), although I suppose it helps that there's no point using a linear approach to build drama as everyone knows the outcomes.

Dahmen and his caddie come across as a guys you'd happily share a few beers with, and Tony Finau definitely has his priorities right.

What were the chances that Poulter equates trousers to personality, and that Matt Fitzpatrick is the dullest man on tour, though? 🙄

I have really enjoyed it and a little disappointed that I have only two episodes to go.

Joel Dahmen came across brilliantly and whilst I had barely heard of him before I would love to see him win something big(major) 

I often find with these behind the scenes documentaries that the majortiy of sportsmen come across rather well and just normal blokes with exceptional talent (and exceptional bank balances)  Must admit that I was concerned that Poulter would come across as a really and disappointingly likeable........however I was delighted to see that he is indeed an utter cock and I will continue to wish to see him shank every time he tees up.

Watched the Tony Finau episode tonight and he comes across really well too.

Would love to see a seires following the DP World tour (as I watch a lot more of it than the PGA) and would like to see more about the lives of those striving to keep their cards and the pressures that that brings.

1 minute ago, Caledonian1 said:

Would love to see a seires following the DP World tour (as I watch a lot more of it than the PGA) and would like to see more about the lives of those striving to keep their cards and the pressures that that brings.

Been watching a lot more of the DP World Tour recently. Working from home is excellent for catching the Asian swing stuff. 8am logged on with breakfast and the Indian Open.

There's very few guys I like less for having watched this. Morikawa is a fucking dullard though. And I liked him before.

Rory really is a top fucking bloke isn't he. Even among a few good guys, he just always comes across as a decent bloke for me. 

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

There's very few guys I like less for having watched this. Morikawa is a fucking dullard though. And I liked him before.

I’d probably agree with that, I thought Morikawa came across as the most unlikeable other than the obvious LIV p***ks they featured. 

My favourite of the bunch was Theegala. A guy I like to see do well so I was pleased him and his family just seemed like all round lovely people. I’m glad they featured some rookies and didn’t just focus on the top dogs.

43 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’d probably agree with that, I thought Morikawa came across as the most unlikeable other than the obvious LIV p***ks they featured. 

My favourite of the bunch was Theegala. A guy I like to see do well so I was pleased him and his family just seemed like all round lovely people. I’m glad they featured some rookies and didn’t just focus on the top dogs.

I didn't even hate DJ. I had no issue with him being honest and saying it's the same job with less hours for more money.  Poulter is/was the p***ks p***k

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I didn't even hate DJ. I had no issue with him being honest and saying it's the same job with less hours for more money.  Poulter is/was the p***ks p***k

Aye his reasons for going LIV were fine with me and far easier to swallow than the growing the game pish but he just has a smugness about him I find hard to warm to. 

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If the rest of them left for LIV the same way DJ has then I wouldn't have a problem with any of them. It's more when you see the likes of Pat Perez bad mouthing the PGA Tour which made him (a fairly average golfer at that level) a very rich man that gets on your tits. And that's before you get to c***s like Poulter, Mickelson and law suits.

15 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

If the rest of them left for LIV the same way DJ has then I wouldn't have a problem with any of them. It's more when you see the likes of Pat Perez bad mouthing the PGA Tour which made him (a fairly average golfer at that level) a very rich man that gets on your tits. And that's before you get to c***s like Poulter, Mickelson and law suits.

Aye, you can imagine the locker room at a LIV event with all of the wee guys sniping like f**k at the PGA and guffawing at each others jokes, and DJ sat in the corner playing with his phone. Its that energy you get off them. Massively overcompensating for their inability to just say I wanted the coin.  

Guys like Poulter, Reed and Mickelson going on the front foot marks them out as the utter worst c***s of the whole thing

39 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Unsurprisingly, it's been confirmed that anyone eligible through previously earned exemptions will be allowed to play in the Majors.

Norman seems to be taking this as some sort of massive win for LIV

Doubt he will want to mention that after all the "top" players that signed up for this season, they will in all likelihood have less players taking part this season.

9 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Doubt he will want to mention that after all the "top" players that signed up for this season, they will in all likelihood have less players taking part this season.

And given how long it's likely to take for the rankings situation to be resolved, it's almost certain there will be less still next year unless they can somehow all gain exemptions through their performances in the majors this year.

On 24/02/2023 at 09:58, lichtie23 said:

Iv only watched the 2 episodes so far. Brooks seems like a miserable b*****d 

Aye, his moping around his mansion feeling sorry for himself wasn't endearing

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Completed Full Swing this morning.

Poulter really is a fucking bell end

Completely irredeemable. Worst c**t in the full thing. 

Mito was a bit boring really for me, and Koepka was a whinging c**t, no one else came off badly though I don't think. 

Edited by Bairnardo