Golfers Thread

Gaz

3 hours ago, Bodie said:

I like the idea of the Phoenix Open it's something a bit different and it's only one event a year.

They have absolutely kicked the arse out of it now though and it's been getting worse the last few years.

Same...when it's the laughs,booing,cheering in the stands as such it's really good but it's totally ott now needs to be reigned in as I said earlier it's a tremendous golf course for an event 

Managed my first round of the year (and first since September) this afternoon, and even managed to get the shorts on in sunny Kemnay.

Played surprisingly ok considering the absence, and few sclaffy short pitches aside was pretty happy with the ball striking. The oversized winter green holes were most welcome for the putting confidence 😂

Hopefully get to play a lot more this year now I’ve finally hung up the boots from playing 11s on a Saturday.

On 11/02/2023 at 07:08, Albertlegend said:

100% agree that the crowd at Pheonix are absolutely the worst crowd in sports. 

American golf bros are fannies at the best of times, genuinely don't understand who thinks shoutibg mashed potatoes is funny?? 

But the crowd this week seems to lift it to a new level or moron! 

This is golf people, not a rock concert! 

Mashed potatoes I do find funny.  It was a piss take of the idiots shouting "get in the hole" at every opportunity.

It has definitely lost it shine now though.

15 hours ago, Bodie said:

I'll watch the show and probably like it because I like golf, but this review is tremendous.

20230213_231208.thumb.jpg.aad0bd2fb33c8d5f9a0cfbbc35ad4933.jpg20230213_231216.thumb.jpg.5a6b464e0b45d619b42e8aae75a7bcff.jpg20230213_231219.thumb.jpg.cc5f1376d318261ccac663f939dbbc1e.jpg20230213_231222.thumb.jpg.7524420ca746ca7bf5df13ec29dfd7ee.jpg

Aye, I’m thoroughly looking forward to it but I have no doubt that the majority of them will be unlikeable, pampered fannys. Surprised to see Joel Dahmen get a mention, he’s always come across as one of the more down to earth PGA Tour pros. 

Brooks comes across as a right p***k in the trailer so I’m looking forward to despising him even more than I already do. 

I feel a bit "meh" about this pampered stuff. Golf is a rich mans sport, it's hardly shocking to find the banter is middle class or the players spend money on lavish things. I'm watching this for an insight into how tour golf actually is, not to assert my opinion on Jordan Speiths patter. The guy writing it sounds like a bit of a dick tbh (he also looks a bit like Tim Curry).

Edited by The Moonster