Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Iv seen some Rick Shiels videos from St Anne’s, it looks superb. Final open qualifying was their last year as well 

We played it a couple of years ago and it was top notch, the Greens were superb and course in general was immaculate. The members and Pro were also very friendly and all in all a very good experience. I think we paid about £95 for the round but although a bit pricey it was probably worth it.

We also played Fleetwood which is pretty boring if I'm honest and only "decent" condition wise, however it was a stress free round and also a very friendly club with a cracking clubhouse with veranda overlooking the course and also a room with a couple of Snooker tables which we were allowed to play at no charge. A couple of our guys don't drink so they tried to go out for another 9 holes and the pro just waved them on for nothing and told them to play as many as they wanted so all in all it was a pretty good feeling we left with.

Another course to play down that way if you ever get the chance is Silloth, we played it on the way down and it is a bit off the beaten track (about 30 mins West of Carlisle), however it was absolutely superb and probably up there with the best links courses that I've played. If it was in a more accessible location then I'd reckon it would be in the running for a major tournament. Again, it wasn't cheap but we played it in June and got a deal of Coffee and Rolls plus 18 for about £65 per head and it was totally worth it.

27 minutes ago, funky_nomad said:

Silloth is a superb course - miles from anywhere, but definitely the best golf course I've played after approaching the entrance via a cement works.

I reckon on a clear day you could just about pick out Southerness over the Solway Firth, too.

This the course? 

15 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Anyone travelling round the UK who is a member of a course designed by James Braid should also keep an eye out for the deals at the other Braid Alliance courses

Course list linky

Agreed. We’ve had some great deals at some cracking courses in the Braid Alliance. 
Also just to add to those highlighting Silloth. Fantastic course. 

3 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Take away the yohaaaa from the 16th at phoenix which detracts from the rest of course,you forget  how good a track they are playing this week on the PGA 

That shot from the OB fence from Rory was insanely good 

Good to see Bryson getting hung out to dry after ending his partnership with Cobra, who bent over backwards to try and accommodate him. Couple of folk attached to other companies have said the reason they never hooked up with him was that they simply didn't have the manpower to pander to him.

It seems he thinks there is a magic bullet when it comes to driver design and that he should be able to swing as hard as he likes, and that as long as the ball hits anywhere on the club face then it should go straight.

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I absolutely despise the Waste Management Open and it’s attempt to turn golf into a farce of a sport with pissed up nutters making up the majority of the crowd. People celebrating and loving videos today of streakers running all over the greens and shagging the flag etc. I fucking hate the Americanisation, loud screaming, drunken arsehole behaviour version of golf.

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I absolutely despise the Waste Management Open and it’s attempt to turn golf into a farce of a sport with pissed up nutters making up the majority of the crowd. People celebrating and loving videos today of streakers running all over the greens and shagging the flag etc. I fucking hate the Americanisation, loud screaming, drunken arsehole behaviour version of golf.

This!

6 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Sebastian Munoz joins LIV. Another that won't be missed, currently world no 93.

I must share some of the blame for this. He looked like he was potentially poised for a breakthrough in the game but then I picked him for my fantasy team and fast forward a couple of years and he's been reduced to joining LIV. 

17 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Just seen the streaker on social media there. Hope the c**t enjoys his weekend in the slammer 

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Don't mind anyone having a bevvy, but it's an absolute shambles. The beer cup throwing on 16 last year should have been enough for changes to be made but they seem to actively encourage folk to behave like arseholes.

https://twitter.com/LouStagner/status/1624036531504553984?t=eZ9ev4RiHlOF394xN4uEFw&s=19

100% agree that the crowd at Pheonix are absolutely the worst crowd in sports. 

American golf bros are fannies at the best of times, genuinely don't understand who thinks shoutibg mashed potatoes is funny?? 

But the crowd this week seems to lift it to a new level or moron! 

This is golf people, not a rock concert! 

I like the idea of the Phoenix Open it's something a bit different and it's only one event a year.

They have absolutely kicked the arse out of it now though and it's been getting worse the last few years.