Golfers Thread

Gaz

59 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Oooh what gave you that idea?

Wee bit better than St Michaels eh.

I have lots more suggestions as it happens. If you don't act like a w**k I'll give you some more recommendations.

Glad you enjoyed it.

I don’t need any recommendations thank you. Now off you pop back to your imaginary caddy hut 

1 hour ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Oooh what gave you that idea?

Wee bit better than St Michaels eh.

I have lots more suggestions as it happens. If you don't act like a w**k I'll give you some more recommendations.

Glad you enjoyed it.

38 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I don’t need any recommendations thank you. Now off you pop back to your imaginary caddy hut 

Oooh, this could be better than PGA v. LIV.  ⛳

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

We both know that's not true champ. If it wasn't for me you'd still be hacking it round St Michaels and thinking it's a good course.

You're welcome though, always glad to enlighten less knowledgeable and experienced players. 

First round as a club member today, after an 11 year break from golf membership. Time to start keeping cards and getting my handicap sorted. I've no doubt whatsoever that it will be whatever the max they give out is, until I can sort out my utter determination to turn getting GIR into a 6, and so forth. 

Anyone ever played Royal Lytham before? Have a voucher to play there that expires in September so need to get that sorted.

Played Turnberry last month which was great, got a lesson and a round for £99 on an itison voucher. Windy as f**k the last 4 holes which was brutal but the rest of it was great.

6 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

Anyone ever played Royal Lytham before? Have a voucher to play there that expires in September so need to get that sorted.

Played Turnberry last month which was great, got a lesson and a round for £99 on an itison voucher. Windy as f**k the last 4 holes which was brutal but the rest of it was great.

Il need to keep a look out for vouchers like that! Superb value 

On 07/02/2023 at 23:46, HalfCutNinja said:

We both know that's not true champ. If it wasn't for me you'd still be hacking it round St Michaels and thinking it's a good course.

You're welcome though, always glad to enlighten less knowledgeable and experienced players. 

It was me that played St Mikes and said I liked it. I was hardly claiming it should be on the PGA tour but it was good for a winter knock. Nothing wrong with trying places you’ve never played before. Imagine getting that aggressive about folk having a nice time to themselves playing a sport they enjoy.

Those two holes pictured at Drumoig are superb, looking forward to getting back there in the next few weeks for the first time in a few years. It is a cracking course and last time I was there it was dead.

Played my home track today for the second time this year. Last week I couldn’t hit my driver anywhere but off the toe and went round in 93. Went for a lesson earlier this week which helped no end. No surprise I went round in 80 today…

Fucking raging though on the 13th. Absolutely flushed a driver right out of the middle and watched it bounce exactly where I’d aimed and run out quite far. As I walked up I saw a dog legging it off into the out of bounds on the left. Couldn’t find my ball at all. Tuned out the fucking dog had nicked it and ran back to its owner with it. Had to just guess where it had landed.

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

First round as a club member today, after an 11 year break from golf membership. Time to start keeping cards and getting my handicap sorted. I've no doubt whatsoever that it will be whatever the max they give out is, until I can sort out my utter determination to turn getting GIR into a 6, and so forth. 

You can get a handicap up to 54 these days, but if you're hitting any GIRs with any kind of regularity, that's clearly not for you!

Where did you join, out of interest?

6 hours ago, KD1711 said:

I've not played Royal Lytham but if you're making a weekend of it and fancy an additional round somewhere, then I'd recommend St Annes Old links, it's excellent condition and quite an interesting and very playable lay out. It's not cheap but I'm sure they do Winter deals up until April. 

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I've not played Royal Lytham but if you're making a weekend of it and fancy an additional round somewhere, then I'd recommend St Annes Old links, it's excellent condition and quite an interesting and very playable lay out. It's not cheap but I'm sure they do Winter deals up until April. 

Iv seen some Rick Shiels videos from St Anne’s, it looks superb. Final open qualifying was their last year as well 

41 minutes ago, funky_nomad said:

You can get a handicap up to 54 these days, but if you're hitting any GIRs with any kind of regularity, that's clearly not for you!

Where did you join, out of interest?

Bathgate cos my Father in Law plays up there. I've been a golfing nomad over the years really, so I might do a year there then move again il wait and see.