Golfers Thread

Gaz

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

More or less shite than the standard of football on show at Stark's Park yesterday? 🤔

That was a brutal way to spend 90 minutes. Think I’d rather try and putt on the ice rink green posted above than watch that again 

I find the fawning over Charlie Woods at this tournament (and in previous years) a bit ridiculous. I understand there was always going to be expectation on him given who his dad is but the coverage from the PGA's social media pages this weekend has been constant, and they finished fucking T8. One video posted of VJ and his boy winning the thing and 40 videos of "look how much Charlie is like his dad, ain't that cute". It just screams to me that he's going to end up a complete car crash, no pun intended. 

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I find the fawning over Charlie Woods at this tournament (and in previous years) a bit ridiculous. I understand there was always going to be expectation on him given who his dad is but the coverage from the PGA's social media pages this weekend has been constant, and they finished fucking T8. One video posted of VJ and his boy winning the thing and 40 videos of "look how much Charlie is like his dad, ain't that cute". It just screams to me that he's going to end up a complete car crash, no pun intended. 

Neither him nor John Daly Jr will make it. They don't have the hunger or edge. Daly Jr is really actually quite average for his stage as a golfer. He hits it quite far but big deal everyone does these days. We won't see either on tour.

10 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, it's way over the top imo. They should just leave him in peace, but Tiger seems to actively encourage it, I'm sure a word from him and the coverage would back off a bit.

A couple of Jack Nicklaus's boys were excellent young golfers but their careers amounted to very little.

On 21/12/2022 at 10:18, Ro Sham Bo said:

https://www.europeantour.com/challenge-tour/news/articles/detail/farmfoods-tartan-pro-tour-to-become-official-feeder-tour-to-the-challenge-tour/

Great work by Paul Lawrie to get official Challenge Tour feeder status for the Tartan Pro Tour.

Indeed. To have built this from nothing to that level of prominence in such a short timescale is laudable.

Kinda makes one wonder what the point of the Scottish PGA's own Tartan Tour is now, though...

Managed to get a game in today and shot 80 for my lowest ever round! Game is really coming together, been doing a massive amount of work with lessons and the range and nice to finally see it reflected in a score. I’m ending this season as a 20+ handicap, but feel like I can shave quite a few off that next year. 

If I’d submitted today’s card I reckon it would have taken me down to about a 15 (back of the envelope calculation and not taking any adjustments into account of course). What a game.

1 hour ago, Netan Sansara said:

Managed to get a game in today and shot 80 for my lowest ever round! Game is really coming together, been doing a massive amount of work with lessons and the range and nice to finally see it reflected in a score. I’m ending this season as a 20+ handicap, but feel like I can shave quite a few off that next year. 

If I’d submitted today’s card I reckon it would have taken me down to about a 15 (back of the envelope calculation and not taking any adjustments into account of course). What a game.

Shortened winter course? 

18 hours ago, Netan Sansara said:

17 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Shortened winter course? 

Birthday Pop GIF by Malaea

1 hour ago, Netan Sansara said:

Winter tees but full greens so not too bad. Maybe 100 yards shorter than usual. Playing a proper full course tomorrow so should see how it’s looking!

Brilliant mate. Still a cracking score. 

I mind reading something that Bryson use to play off the forward tees so he got use to making birdies. Might try it this year 

10 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Brilliant mate. Still a cracking score. 

I mind reading something that Bryson use to play off the forward tees so he got use to making birdies. Might try it this year 

That’s a thing that a lot of golf psychologists recommend as well (Rotella etc.). Makes you less “scared” of birdies and more comfortable with the feeling of being low. 

On 23/12/2022 at 18:57, Netan Sansara said:

Winter tees but full greens so not too bad. Maybe 100 yards shorter than usual. Playing a proper full course tomorrow so should see how it’s looking!

Shot 94 on the Kings at Gleneagles. It was a tough day, but played alright and course was in very good nick for the weather we’ve had. Definite improvements towards the end of this year!