Golfers Thread

Gaz

18 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Lol no world ranking points to Liv and there strategic alliance with the. Middle east and North Africa golf tour 

20221006_174316.jpg

I thought the LIVcunts were all about #growingthegame. Surely them all rocking up to MENA Tour events and presumably taking up spots other players otherwise would have got is contrary to this?

It's almost like they've barely thought this pish through beyond seeing all the $ signs 😂

Lads need a bit of advice. One of my mates is looking to take up golf after having a few lessons. Where would be the best place to have a good look at clubs, bags etc? Looking for a big retail outlet if possible with a good selection. Is Direct Golf UK in Edinburgh decent? Happy to travel anywhere within Scotland. Thanks

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

I thought the LIVcunts were all about #growingthegame. Surely them all rocking up to MENA Tour events and presumably taking up spots other players otherwise would have got is contrary to this?

It's almost like they've barely thought this pish through beyond seeing all the $ signs 😂

Mena haven't had an event since before covid it's a big sham 

On 07/10/2022 at 10:15, dave_binos said:

Lads need a bit of advice. One of my mates is looking to take up golf after having a few lessons. Where would be the best place to have a good look at clubs, bags etc? Looking for a big retail outlet if possible with a good selection. Is Direct Golf UK in Edinburgh decent? Happy to travel anywhere within Scotland. Thanks

You could do a lot worse than the Golfclubs4cash outlet at Bilston Glen (pretty much behind the IKEA at Straiton) - a massive selection of nearly-new and used clubs and bags, with staff who generally know what they are talking about.

They have lots of tie-in events with local golf clubs, so I think they must have a decent rep with PGA-approved pros (many of whom wouldn't give the likes of American Golf the time of day).

I've used them a couple of times to sell stuff, and have been pretty impressed with their set-up.

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Hope you don’t mind lads but I’m going to crown myself the Fantasy League winner. 

I'll only accept this if and when Dundee put a statement out clarifying whether they voted to call the season before the 5pm deadline or not.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/oct/13/livs-phil-mickelson-glad-to-have-picked-winning-side-in-battle-with-pga-tour

"Back in Saudi Arabia for the first time since his disparaging remarks about the source of LIV Golf’s funding, Phil Mickelson said on Thursday he was glad he was on the “winning side” and that he sees the PGA Tour trending downward.

“I think going forward you have to pick a side,” he said at a news conference for the LIV Golf Invitational-Jeddah, which starts on Friday. “You have to pick what side do you think is going to be successful. And I firmly believe that I’m on the winning side of how things are going to evolve and shape in the coming years for professional golf.

“We play against a lot of the best players in the world on LIV and there are a lot of the best players in the world on the PGA Tour. And ... until both sides sit down and have a conversation and work something out, both sides are going to continue to change and evolve. And I see LIV Golf trending upwards, I see the PGA Tour trending downwards and I love the side that I’m on.”

In an interview with Alan Shipnuck, who published an unauthorized biography of Mickelson in May, the six-time major champion referred to the Saudis as “scary motherfuckers to get involved with.”

Mickelson was quoted by Shipnuck as saying: “We know they killed [Washington Post reporter Jamal] Khashoggi and have a horrible record on human rights. They execute people over there for being gay. Knowing all of this, why would I even consider it? Because this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to reshape how the PGA Tour operates.”

Mickelson issued a statement after the interview saying his comments were off the record and shared without context."