Golfers Thread

Gaz

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Anyone know if golf courses are open for play on Monday? If not, I reckon the only option open to me is to simply go out and walk, walk, and walk some more until the you-know-what is over with.

I've had an email from one of mine to say the course is open, but the shop and clubhouse will be closed.

ETA: Tee is fully booked until 4pm, so not much "out of respect"-ing going on!

Edited by Mark Connolly

11 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I've had an email from one of mine to say the course is open, but the shop and clubhouse will be closed.

ETA: Tee is fully booked until 4pm, so not much "out of respect"-ing going on!

Just went into the BRS booking system for my club and stuck my name in with someone for 12 noon. Tee sheet is rammed. Disrespectful kunts, us Falkirk GC members.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Just went into the BRS booking system for my club and stuck my name in with someone for 12 noon. Tee sheet is rammed. Disrespectful kunts, us Falkirk GC members.

Thanks for the heads up just went and booked a time at my club......yup, tee sheet very busy.

We are same as i think most clubs - clubhouse closed but course open

Anyone know if golf courses are open for play on Monday? If not, I reckon the only option open to me is to simply go out and walk, walk, and walk some more until the you-know-what is over with.
Bishopbriggs is open, bar is closed but the clubhouse is open for anyone who wishes to watch the funeral in the club.

On 21/08/2022 at 20:16, Distant Doonhamer said:

36 points in Stableford today. Round in 77. By my calculation handicap index will be down to an all time low of 5.7. Delighted by that. 

With some poor rounds and a few good scores leaving my 20 most recent I'd drifted back up to 6.8 from the above all time low of 5.7.

Played well today for 39 stableford points, going round in 75. Had 3 double bogeys but also 4 birdies. After back to back double bogeys on 11th and 12th played the last 6 holes in two under, so really pleased with that finish.

Reckon I'll be back down to 6.4.

Playing Bishopbriggs tomorrow, a competition at my place on Sunday, don’t go to our home games against an ugly anyway, then a bounce game at my place on Monday. Not to deliberately show disrespect to Liz Windsor the person, but buggered if I’m sitting in the house listening to the drivel, the mind numbing, never ending bullshit, emanating from the mouths of the commentators. Christ knows, my golf game this season has been six months of drivel, mind numbing, never ending bullshit anyway. 😁

On 13/09/2022 at 13:40, Jamie_Beatson said:

I haven’t played a card at my club for weeks but have been playing pretty well in bounce games myself in the interim. As such my official handicap is still 22.4.

Today’s score..

A7B678D2-7A78-41EB-9C18-ABDEA0F25CCE.thumb.jpeg.9f114148bb63eb741df6e6bc65a08528.jpeg

Heres hoping I keep that up in my next proper round!

Normal service resumed yesterday… 50 shots for the front nine. Almost two a hole worse than two days earlier.

Back nine was far better… I’d got myself back down to being one under my handicap with some nice stuff… until the 17th. Lost a ball off the tee, then hooked another one into a really shit lie. Then twatted it into a tree, then took three shots to get out the rough under the tree.

Then walked off in a huff 😂

It would be boring if it was easy all the time right enough.

That’s me now played Lenzie, Kirkintilloch, and Bishopbriggs all for the first time, in a two week spell of great weather. Will definitely stick my name in for the Kirkintilloch and Bishopbriggs Senior Opens next season. Both in great condition. Like most ‘normal’ courses, a couple of bland holes here and there, and I didn’t like the 4th hole at Bishopbriggs, but mostly really excellent courses. The stretch at Bishopbriggs from the 14th thru 17th are brilliant holes. 18th is more straightforward, but a nice finishing hole. Won’t play Lenzie again, that hill up their 5th hole. It’s a killer. 🫣

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

That’s me now played Lenzie, Kirkintilloch, and Bishopbriggs all for the first time, in a two week spell of great weather. Will definitely stick my name in for the Kirkintilloch and Bishopbriggs Senior Opens next season. Both in great condition. Like most ‘normal’ courses, a couple of bland holes here and there, and I didn’t like the 4th hole at Bishopbriggs, but mostly really excellent courses. The stretch at Bishopbriggs from the 14th thru 17th are brilliant holes. 18th is more straightforward, but a nice finishing hole. Won’t play Lenzie again, that hill up their 5th hole. It’s a killer. 🫣

Hayston, across the road from Kirkie, is a cracker as well

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Hayston, across the road from Kirkie, is a cracker as well

I played it once, way back in 1988. Only thing I remember is a Par 3 green nestled amongst big mounds. The hole might have been named something to do with rabbits? Rabbit holes in the mounds. I may have imagined that!

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Probably the 4th. No idea what it's called though!

I had a quick look at their scorecard online. I must have imagined the hole being named ‘rabbit something’. Pretty sure there were rabbit warrens in all the mounds though. Was a long, long, time ago. 🫣