Golfers Thread

Gaz

Niemann is the only pro who attended the PGA 'gathering' fronted by Woods and McIlroy who has decided to leave.
Big news for the PGA that Matsuyama hasn't gone in terms of the Japanese market given they have now lost the two biggest names from Central/South America in Ancer and Niemann and also Lahiri who is the leading Indian.
Also read that the likes of Ancer and Gooch are expected to play at Wentworth in a couple of weeks because they have exemptions from their world ranking. Disappointing that the DP Tour haven't found a way of keeping these guys off the tour.
The hearing that will decide whether the LIV players can continue to play on the DPWT won't be held until February, so the players will still be able to collect ranking and Ryder Cup points until then.

The European Ryder Cup team will now have 3 qualifiers from the world points list, 3 from the Euro list, and 6 captain's picks. Not a fan of that tbh, but would assume it's been done that way as there is no chance of Poulter, Westwood etc qualifying automatically.

Smith is probably the first one to jump ship that I’m properly disappointed about. Not only am I a big fan of him as a golfer I always felt he came across as a really decent guy as well. He’s really not come out of this looking good given what he’s said in the past about joining LIV. 

Ah well, shit happens. Even when you take away all the Saudi sportswahing stuff out of the equation the LIV thing really isn’t for me, regardless of who’s competing. I don’t really enjoy the format and I really don’t enjoy the coverage or the constant rapid action. Golf is a bit of a chill out thing for me in terms of both watching and playing the game so Cam Smith can ram my support up his arse and I sincerely hope he loses sleep over it.

Hv3 comes out and said it's for the cash fair play to him 
https://twitter.com/NCG_com/status/1564677107871059969?t=197PLkROaLQJJxqTeg9hIw&s=19
Yep, a refreshing dose of honesty.

Will be interesting to see how the LIV viewing figures hold up with the NFL starting this weekend. That was the reason the PGA brought the Tour Championship forward.

15 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Yep, a refreshing dose of honesty.

Will be interesting to see how the LIV viewing figures hold up with the NFL starting this weekend. That was the reason the PGA brought the Tour Championship forward.

The figures are starting from a pretty low base point so they've not got far to fall I suppose! 

HV3 is honest about the money but isn't this about human rights rather than money? How does playing for a gay hating, capital punishment loving bunch of weirdos square with offering young people of all backgrounds an opportunity in life, which is what his Foundation preaches?

Played a round yesterday. On the last 3 holes I had a wee shot of my mates driver. 12 degree loft effort. Ripped 3 drives in a row straight down the middle. I think I am going to be forced to invest.

Shall soon be heading to American Golf and asking them to show me the drivers for dummies section.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Played a round yesterday. On the last 3 holes I had a wee shot of my mates driver. 12 degree loft effort. Ripped 3 drives in a row straight down the middle. I think I am going to be forced to invest.

Shall soon be heading to American Golf and asking them to show me the drivers for dummies section.

Don't forget that if you go and buy one the same it will be yours and therefore won't have any of the 'hitting someone else's club' accuracy bonus . 

12 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Don't forget that if you go and buy one the same it will be yours and therefore won't have any of the 'hitting someone else's club' accuracy bonus . 

Absolutely aware that there is no limit in what I can spend here to end up with a "forgiving" club that ends up living in the garage, in the shadow of its driver forefathers

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Absolutely aware that there is no limit in what I can spend here to end up with a "forgiving" club that ends up living in the garage, in the shadow of its driver forefathers

Can highly recommend my driver, which this morning hit 11 of 14 fairways, and missing 2 others by a combined total of about a yard.

My irons were less efficient, hitting 5 of 18 greens, only one of which was from those 11 fairways. My putter and I are also no longer on speaking terms.

17 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Can highly recommend my driver, which this morning hit 11 of 14 fairways, and missing 2 others by a combined total of about a yard.

My irons were less efficient, hitting 5 of 18 greens, only one of which was from those 11 fairways. My putter and I are also no longer on speaking terms.

Il PM you my address and you can send it on over then mate. 

17 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Played a round yesterday. On the last 3 holes I had a wee shot of my mates driver. 12 degree loft effort. Ripped 3 drives in a row straight down the middle. I think I am going tto be forced to invest.

This is the best one

https://www.snaintongolf.co.uk/taylormade-300-golf-mini-driver?___store=snainton&gclid=CjwKCAjwsMGYBhAEEiwAGUXJae8QS1oT7wkUg44NWCy7-SkEb-QAdQr0uvmXlCCUk50ipZMLPQmrLBoCsGIQAvD_BwE

Into the semi finals of the clubs doubles comp after a nice 3&2 win over 2 really decent players last night. Played ok and worked well with my partner. More of a strategic approach seemed to work. 

Thats us in both the Doubles and Greensomes semi finals. 

10 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Into the semi finals of the clubs doubles comp after a nice 3&2 win over 2 really decent players last night. Played ok and worked well with my partner. More of a strategic approach seemed to work. 

Thats us in both the Doubles and Greensomes semi finals. 

Good play. 
I’m into the semi-finals of the Veterans Trophy (over 55s) at my club. I’m giving my opponent 20 (twenty) shots in the next tie 😳