Golfers Thread

Gaz

9 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

I played it at the start of the year and wasn’t a fan. Too many blind tee shots. Far to hilly for me as well 

I quite like the tee shots from the top of the hills (6th, 8th, 13th) but some of them are just nasty (14th - I don’t think I’ve ever put it in a good position off the tee there).

Good if you’re needing a workout though - carry your bag and you’ll burn about 5000 calories going round the full 18!

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Some detail emerging of Tiger's meeting with the PGA players last week.

Doesn't sound like they are heading down a particularly great route themselves, although there won't be any sports washing at least.

https://firepitcollective.com/tigers-secret-meeting/

Yeah seen that but remember it was just a players brainstorming meeting so loads of mad stuff was chucked around 

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Some detail emerging of Tiger's meeting with the PGA players last week.

Doesn't sound like they are heading down a particularly great route themselves, although there won't be any sports washing at least.

https://firepitcollective.com/tigers-secret-meeting/

Terrible. Just like LIV except 72 holes and no shotgun start, or Saudi sports washing. 

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Yeah seen that but remember it was just a players brainstorming meeting so loads of mad stuff was chucked around 

Hopefully, but these guys now hold all the power. If Matsuyama was to say he'll stay if the 'Tiger tour' idea is adopted that puts serious pressure on the PGA to cave. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

Regarding first four hole score compared to final round.

Back in the 1970’s as a junior I started the first four holes at Thurso ( the one out, two back, three par 3 and the slightly bendy par 5 fourth)

Started 7,7,5,7 , broke 80 gross!

17 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

'PGA Tour stars commit to 'elevated' events | Monahan: LIV golfers not welcome back'

http://www.skysports.com/share/12680561

It's not over yet, but the tide has definitely turned in the last few weeks.

Phil has been kinda vindicated here though.

19 minutes ago, Stringer Bell said:

It's not over yet, but the tide has definitely turned in the last few weeks.

Phil has been kinda vindicated here though.

He has but Phil only wanted cash for himself to pay off his bookie 

The pga tour should just rename the Rory and Tiger show 🤣

Word on the street is the Scottish will be one of the elevated events 

22 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

He has but Phil only wanted cash for himself to pay off his bookie 

The pga tour should just rename the Rory and Tiger show 🤣

Word on the street is the Scottish will be one of the elevated events 

Aye, he was right but went about it the wrong way, leveraging the Saudi government against the Tour for his own personal interests.

They should make the 3 unnamed events the Scottish, the PGA at Wentworth and the DP World Tour Final in Dubai and we're well on our way to a decent global elite tour

8 minutes ago, Stringer Bell said:

Aye, he was right but went about it the wrong way, leveraging the Saudi government against the Tour for his own personal interests.

They should make the 3 unnamed events the Scottish, the PGA at Wentworth and the DP World Tour Final in Dubai and we're well on our way to a decent global elite tour

One of other tournaments to be elevated will be the zozo in Japan to keep Hideki I'm guessing 

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:

One of other tournaments to be elevated will be the zozo in Japan to keep Hideki I'm guessing 

Yeah good shout. They'll hopefully rotate some of the elevated tournaments away from the US, but I won't hold my breath. I don't think the changes are amazing, but it should hopefully evolve into an all round better product for everyone.

29 minutes ago, Stringer Bell said:

Definitely. I know that the agreement with the DP Tour was only just recently improved but the DP Tour need to be lobbying hard to make sure they get some at least a couple of guaranteed top class fields from this. 

Since the likes of JP McManus was reported as having money to throw around, I wouldn't be surprised if the Irish Open also gets some sort of boost from this. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

9 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Definitely. I know that the agreement with the DP Tour was only just recently improved but the DP Tour need to be lobbying hard to make sure they get some at least a couple of guaranteed top class fields from this. 

Since the likes of JP McManus was reported as having money to throw around, I wouldn't be surprised if the Irish Open also gets some sort of boost from this. 

Yeah, you'd have think at least the Scottish will be one of them, with Genesis being such a key PGA sponsor. The only problem I can see is that it's the week before the Open, some of the top guys like playing the week before a major, but some don't. It might get moved to a week earlier in future which wouldn't be great tbh. Or they might rotate the Scottish and Irish as the elevated event. Having the Irish when the Open is in England.

4 minutes ago, Stringer Bell said:

Yeah, you'd have think at least the Scottish will be one of them, with Genesis being such a key PGA sponsor. The only problem I can see is that it's the week before the Open, some of the top guys like playing the week before a major, but some don't. It might get moved to a week earlier in future which wouldn't be great tbh. Or they might rotate the Scottish and Irish as the elevated event. Having the Irish when the Open is in England.

I think the Open might be the exception to the rule just because I think most of the American based players probably don't want to be away for any more than a couple of weeks. I'm not sure the prospect of them having 10 days to kill over here between the end of the Scottish and the start of the Open would go down that well.