Golfers Thread

Gaz

Beginning to find a bit of solid form and my enjoyment for the game again this weekend. Hit 2 over my handicap yesterday in pretty atrocious conditions so was chuffed with that and today played 9 holes in 3 under my handicap. Maybe it’s a confidence thing or maybe it’s luck! Who knows. 

Handicap rocketed to 11 this month and going by my calculations it will be 10.4 tomorrow after my weekend rounds 

16 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

We've definitely all been there, have the perfect shot all thought out in our head, then catch it fat as f**k and come up 50 yards short. emoji23.png

I have always found that when I have the perfect lie, and the perfect line in to the green, with the perfect club in my hand, I f**k it up becasue im just that bit keener to get the head up and watch that perfect sucker flying into the heart of the green.....

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I have always found that when I have the perfect lie, and the perfect line in to the green, with the perfect club in my hand, I f**k it up becasue im just that bit keener to get the head up and watch that perfect sucker flying into the heart of the green.....

It’s sometimes a curse hitting a ball straight down the centre of the fairway and leaving yourself 140 yards to the green with a perfect lie. Because even though all previous evidence points to me being a pretty terrible golfer, I all of a sudden start imagining myself playing a nice baby fade that’s going to land softly 10 feet infront of the pin and roll up to the hole, leaving a tap in birdie. What proceeds to happen is I thin an 8 iron that doesn’t get more than 5 feet off the ground, which bounces right through the green at an incredible pace and I spend the next 5 minutes looking for my ball as my playing partners finish off their putts. 

It’s worse when one of the guys you are playing with says something like ‘that was some drive as well mate’. 

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

That feeling of your head lifting halfway through the downswing because you know it's going to be a good one...

7 hours ago, peasy23 said:

It's never dull watching Speith.

Me every time I'm in trouble "I'm sure I can fade it under the first one and draw it over the other lot and I'll have a 10 footer at worse for a birdie"

25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

"Most of this swing has felt really good, think i'll be ok to watch this one all the way"

Me - *topping a hybrid 20 feet along the ground*

Playing partner from 120 yards away - *heed was up mate*. 

Thanks for that. 

On 20/08/2022 at 20:02, KnightswoodVanBear said:

Playing in a Texas scramble at Dundonald tomorrow afternoon, which I'm very much looking forward to 

What a course, in spectacular weather as well.  Thoroughly enjoyed that.  My head does now closely resemble a Belisha beacon. 

Edited by KnightswoodVanBear

I've jumped to 17.4 as I seem to save my worst play for medals and counting rounds, whilst playing well in bounce games.

Had the Summer Singles Matchplay semi final today. My opponent had to give me 12 shots.

I beat him 7&5 after going out in around 37/38. Absolute bandit.

On the DPWT the Czech Masters was reduced to 54 holes, with Max Kieffer winning with a closing 66. Grant Forrest was well placed on -9 after 36 holes, and went through the opening 6 holes in 5 under, but he couldn't keep it up and ended up level for the day and down in T23rd.