Golfers Thread

Gaz

Played my first summer league card in weeks today. Net 2 under, which is was delighted with having started triple, double, double and having lost a ball off the 11th tee. Blew a massive birdie chance on the 17th - drove to within 20 yards of the green on a par 4, only to end up with a double bogey after two awful chips and a three putt 😤 

33 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
On 17/08/2022 at 21:56, Mark Connolly said:

Actually quite enjoying watching a new course on TV, although I did quite like Liberty National which has been binned.

Can't say I'm a fan of this course tbh. Robert Trent Jones probably my least favourite architect. One dimensional.

I liked the views of NY from Liberty National.

Edited by Stringer Bell

11 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Left my relatively new Vokey wedge on the fringe of the green a couple of weeks back. Only noticed it gone from the bag when going to play again. Heartbreaking stuff. 

Have you checked to see if anyone has handed it in? If so we can blacklist this course and deem its members c***s.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Have you checked to see if anyone has handed it in? If so we can blacklist this course and deem its members c***s.

Popping in today to check. I was one of the last tee times so was coming in at about 9pm when light was going so might not have been easy to spot it, but yeah I’m hopeful that it’s been handed in the next day when the greenkeepers have been starting up.

6 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Popping in today to check. I was one of the last tee times so was coming in at about 9pm when light was going so might not have been easy to spot it, but yeah I’m hopeful that it’s been handed in the next day when the greenkeepers have been starting up.

Unfortunately not handed in so someone has pocketed it. £160 mistake, kick in the balls.

10 minutes ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

Playing in a Texas scramble at Dundonald tomorrow afternoon, which I'm very much looking forward to 

Tremendous course.

The burn at 18 is wider than you think, which I found to my cost when I was on for a round to go into my top 8

On 19/08/2022 at 23:18, Honest_Man#1 said:

Left my relatively new Vokey wedge on the fringe of the green a couple of weeks back. Only noticed it gone from the bag when going to play again. Heartbreaking stuff. 

That’s pish. I played in a members guests competition last year and done the exact same with my 60 degree wedge and never seen it again either. I’m used to carrying my clubs but on this day we had a buggy so had taken my wedge and putter to the green and left the wedge lying. My own mistake, but I thought that once someone found it they would surely hand it in to the pro shop, knowing it had been left during the competition, but it seems some people would rather stick it in their bag than do the decent thing and get it back to whoever owns it. 

I’ve found clubs, headcovers, wallets etc. on the course, and will try my best to find their owners from the groups ahead. If no one claims it then I will hand it in to the pro shop, I couldn’t imagine finding a wedge lying and just claiming it as my own. Really scummy behaviour that I don’t think would be tolerated by any of the guys I play golf with, but these people are obviously out there.