Golfers Thread

Gaz

9 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

:lol: Any idea who that was?

Nah sorry. It's hilarious though.

Edit: I think it's Robert Gomez, standard PGA Tour jobber who is best known for holing a 7 iron on 18 at Bay Hill to beat Greg Norman by 1.

Edited by Stringer Bell

Best ever medal round at my course yesterday (gross 75)  Also got to my lowest ever handicap of 7.1 so delighted about that. 

Ok, course playing shorter due to the dry fairways (incidentally looking out at them now and they are flooded and course closed) 

Didnt even win the medal but in a good position for the two round "Captain Cup" - have already booked in for the second round at 7am next Sunday as going to Monifieth for their Open in the afternoon.

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Some play off.Im guessing Straka went for the pin because he couldn't see back on the tee that Willy Z's ball was stymied but delighted for the Z man hopefully now he closes a few more 

The fact that Straka had then played his 3rd and 4th shots before Zalatoris had to decide what to do with his second must have been a huge advantage also. If Strake had knocked his 3rd to 6 feet then Zalatoris might have gambled on having a go at it.

Zalatoris also got a huge piece of luck on the 16th when his tee shot clattered the trees and bounced back into the middle of the fairway,

Fair to say he was overdue those breaks though.

13 hours ago, Stringer Bell said:

Edit: I think it's Robert Gomez, standard PGA Tour jobber who is best known for holing a 7 iron on 18 at Bay Hill to beat Greg Norman by 1.

PGA Tour delivering the excitement AND bringing back horrendous memories for Norman?

Exclusive footage of Jay Monahan watching in his office...

Spoiler

1296870506_randymarshjizz.jpg

13 hours ago, Stringer Bell said:

19 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

PGA Tour delivering the excitement AND bringing back horrendous memories for Norman?

Exclusive footage of Jay Monahan watching in his office...

Reveal hidden contents

1296870506_randymarshjizz.jpg

And here it is

https://www.pgatour.com/video/2013/03/18/signature-shots--robert-gamez--march-25--1990.html

Stay tuned to see a somewhat bemused looking Greg Norman 1.00 in.

What took Zalatoris so long to pick that ball up [emoji38] he couldn’t have got his wedge to the bottom half of the ball due to the brick work. I was sort of hoping he gave it a go. 
Wonder if it had been a few tourneys in rather than the first with the new caddie if the man on the bag would have been more forceful in telling him to pick it up?