Golfers Thread

Gaz

8 hours ago, Stringer Bell said:

Unfortunately I think LIV is here to stay in one form or another. As long as it's causing disruption, Norman, the Saudi's and Trump will continue to push it. The big questions are the lawsuit, the OWGR and if the PGA can stem the bleeding of players moving over.

It can stay as the wee sideshow for casual fans if it wants IMO. If the lawsuit goes well for the PGA, it would stem the bleeding and more than likely kill any chance of OWGR points. I hope. 

8 hours ago, Stringer Bell said:

Unfortunately I think LIV is here to stay in one form or another. As long as it's causing disruption, Norman, the Saudi's and Trump will continue to push it. The big questions are the lawsuit, the OWGR and if the PGA can stem the bleeding of players moving over.

Possibly, however if they lose the antitrust case and don't get world ranking points, it'll be little more than a stage for absolute jobbers in their late 40s that will probably have lower viewing figures than the Europro tour. That would actually be funnier than it dying completely. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

It can stay as the wee sideshow for casual fans if it wants IMO. If the lawsuit goes well for the PGA, it would stem the bleeding and more than likely kill any chance of OWGR points. I hope. 

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

Possibly, however if they lose the antitrust case and don't get world ranking points, it'll be little more than a stage for absolute jobbers in their late 40s that will probably have lower viewing figures than the Europro tour. That would actually be funnier than it dying completely. 

They're not going to get OWGR points for the LIV events until 2024/25 imo. Problem is that LIV have effectively bought the Asian Tour now and have set up 11 International Series events. If they stack the fields with the top LIV guys then they'll end up with more OWGR points than the DP World Tour events and keep them ticking over. Plus they'll possibly get exemptions into majors if they top the money lists, or could take advantage of the easier regional qualifiers.

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Early Sunday tee times are suiting me another decent round with a net 70 (-1) posted and a magic 2.

Well in mate.

My form has been absolute murder recently. My round included 3 triple bogeys yesterday. Handicap has gone from 10.1 to 11 in less than a month 

Just now, lichtie23 said:

Well in mate.

My form has been absolute murder recently. My round included 3 triple bogeys yesterday. Handicap has gone from 10.1 to 11 in less than a month 

Och I had net 79 2 weeks ago🤣That's why we get excited for a magic 2 and don't have our names on our bags.

In other news Reed gained 0.32 owgr for his efforts this week in Asia 

Ferguson sticks it pin high 20 feet from the pin. He almost holes it for birdie, taps in to finish -12.

This is his second win of the year after winning the Qatar Masters in March. He set a course record the other day after doing the same at Fairmont, he's on a very good run just now.

Connor Syme had an eagle putt for solo second, but left his tricky putt 18 inches short. He taps in for birdie and T2 3 shots back. Consecutive runner up spots for him.

Good finishes too for Craig Howie and Calum Fyfe who are T13th.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Ferguson sticks it pin high 20 feet from the pin. He almost holes it for birdie, taps in to finish -12.

This is his second win of the year after winning the Qatar Masters in March. He set a course record the other day after doing the same at Fairmont, he's on a very good run just now.

Connor Syme had an eagle putt for solo second, but left his tricky putt 18 inches short. He taps in for birdie and T2 3 shots back. Consecutive runner up spots for him.

Good finishes too for Craig Howie and Calum Fyfe who are T13th.

Ferguson now up to 17th in the Race to Dubai and Syme 21st. I know the tour has had some really weak fields, especially since the Open, but that's excellent playing from them both. 

Ferguson must now be a good bet for rookie of the year. 

Howie is now just a few spots outside the tour card cut off point. A few more cuts made and hopefully he'll be fine for next year. 

Ferguson now up to 17th in the Race to Dubai and Syme 21st. I know the tour has had some really weak fields, especially since the Open, but that's excellent playing from them both. 
Howie is now just a few spots outside the tour card cut off point. A few more cuts made and hopefully he'll be fine for next year. 
And Ramsay in 22nd, been a long time since 3 Scots were up there at this time of year.

18 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
45 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

And Ramsay in 22nd, been a long time since 3 Scots were up there at this time of year.

Yep. Apart from MacIntyre having a poor year so far, it's been a good year for us with Ferguson winning twice,  Ramsay with his resurgence and plenty of good finishes for Syme and Law. 

Yep. Apart from MacIntyre having a poor year so far, it's been a good year for us with Ferguson winning twice,  Ramsay with his resurgence and plenty of good finishes for Syme and Law. 
Not really sure what Bob's plan has been lately, he's hardly played since the open, although I know he was heavily involved with the Pro-Am at Glencruiten.

9 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I see the PGA are coming out fighting in their bid to stop Cam Smith winning the FedEx Cup. Two shot penalty dished out for an incorrect drop in round 3.

Storm in a tea cup 

Rules official said he was sure it wasn't touching Cam got asked about it and confirmed it was and accepted the penalty because he didn't know the ruling 

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:

Storm in a tea cup 

Rules official said he was sure it wasn't touching Cam got asked about it and confirmed it was and accepted the penalty because he didn't know the ruling 

Yeah I haven't seen the incident just read about it. As you say it's no doubt only being reported as big news because of who's involved.