Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

I was a 90 yesterday. 40 out…..50 back! 
Clubs were going to get chucked in the sea

Do you play at Elliot? I've played there dozens of times over the years - had ONE calm day 😂

46 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Read a book last year called The Lost Art of Playing Golf. One of the things it talks about is managing expectations, that you aren't going to play your best stuff every time. One of the players they used as an example was Dustin Johnson, his scores over the season they used ranged from a 62 to a 78.

I think my game is more fundamentally fucked than a run of poor form tbf. In all the years I've played, even as a junior, I don't think I've ever been in a position where I'm consistently standing over a shot with literally no idea what's going to happen. I've also developed some sort of inexplicable "yip" in my swing which results in an utterly vicious snap hook, it's completely destructive and resulted in 5 of my doubles yesterday. I used to be a decent ball striker and played off 4 or 5 for a long time year ago. Struggling to break 90 round Kirriemuir is pish. 

If anyone's interested there will possibly be a set of Ping i500s (Black Dot) for sale in a couple of months 😂

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Read a book last year called The Lost Art of Playing Golf. One of the things it talks about is managing expectations, that you aren't going to play your best stuff every time. One of the players they used as an example was Dustin Johnson, his scores over the season they used ranged from a 62 to a 78.

I just lose the head after a bad hole. It’s my own fault 

0745 tee off on a Sunday morning out before the old boys 5hr rounders type net 71 done and dusted by 1115 

Also the new 13th tee taking shape at Augusta 

20220807_114405.jpg

Edited by doulikefish

0745 tee off on a Sunday morning out before the old boys 5hr rounders type net 71 done and dusted by 1115 
20220807_114405.thumb.jpg.8354be41a9138a75af78706ef09640ba.jpg
Saw a picture last week that looked like they were doing something with the creek in front of the 13th green too.

7 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
1 hour ago, doulikefish said:
20220807_114405.thumb.jpg.8354be41a9138a75af78706ef09640ba.jpg

Saw a picture last week that looked like they were doing something with the creek in front of the 13th green too.

I wish they would just leave the masterpiece alone 

48 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Is this them trying to turn the 13th into a 3 shotter? Not a fan of that if they are. 

I'm in favour if it's still reachable in 2, but more risky.

Hopefully, they are also building the tee in a manner that allows them to make it a genuine 3 shotter one day, but still have the potential to say "on you go lads" on others

Think they are going for it's a 2 shotter if you want to go for it but you are using the big dog and you ain't cutting the corner over the trees ala bubba.Think they have been trying to buy that land for some time to make sure it's driver and not 3 wood from the tee

Think they are going for it's a 2 shotter if you want to go for it but you are using the big dog and you ain't cutting the corner over the trees ala bubba.Think they have been trying to buy that land for some time to make sure it's driver and not 3 wood from the tee
Yep, it's turned into a hole where guys are hitting 3 wood and a mid iron into the green. It was around 520 yards this year, don't think they are adding any more than 50 yards on so it will still be comfortably reachable in 2, but will need to be driver, and probably put even more emphasis on being able to hit a draw.

Connor Syme finishes 2nd at Celtic Manor. Richie Ramsay currently 20th and Syme, Ewen Ferguson and David Law all inside the top 40 in the Race to Dubai rankings after this week's event. 
It's been an unexpected resurgence by Ramsay, the majority of the guys above him in the standings play most of their golf on the PGA Tour.