Golfers Thread

Gaz

Finding recently that I'll watch more of a tournament if it's at a good course regardless of who's playing. I'd much rather watch the women at Muirfield, or the amateurs at Oakmont or Merion than a full PGA field at the generic courses they use 9 times out of 10. One of the disappointing things about LIV (apart from the obvious ones) is that they're going to the same PGA type venues with the same conditions, green speeds etc. A real chance with the smaller fields and crowds to go to some interesting places (they might have been knocked back by a few tbf) instead they're at places like Doral.

1 hour ago, Stringer Bell said:

They may very well win this legal battle, but airing Augusta's dirty laundry doesn't seem like the smartest move here.

Given that the Masters is an invitational, that seems a fairly stupid thing for LIV to do. OK so 80% of the LIVcunts are going to be nowhere near the Masters, but you've got to think a ban would sting somewhat for Koepka, DeRoideau, Ancer and a couple of other who could potentially have won there at some point. This whole LIV thing is very Trump - garish, tacky as f**k and threatening to sue anyone that stands in their way. I hope it eventually collapses and everyone who signed up for it is sine-died. 

9 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Given that the Masters is an invitational, that seems a fairly stupid thing for LIV to do. OK so 80% of the LIVcunts are going to be nowhere near the Masters, but you've got to think a ban would sting somewhat for Koepka, DeRoideau, Ancer and a couple of other who could potentially have won there at some point. This whole LIV thing is very Trump - garish, tacky as f**k and threatening to sue anyone that stands in their way. I hope it eventually collapses and everyone who signed up for it is sine-died. 

They've made it pretty easy for the Masters to now exclude them. Those named in the court action anyway. Mickelson is the only former champion on the list and it looks like he was possibly told he couldn't play at this years event anyway. Garcia resigned from the PGA, so he'll probably be OK, DJ doesn't give a f**k either way and is retiring in a couple of years. Reckon Koepka is being advised to keep his powder dry atm.

11 hours ago, Stringer Bell said:

They may very well win this legal battle, but airing Augusta's dirty laundry doesn't seem like the smartest move here.

I don't see how they will win. The PGA Tour must have had the best legal team check things out before banning these guys, knowing this would come. The LIV p***ks lose nothing from trying this lawsuit but probably know they won't win. It'll just drive a bigger wedge between them and their peers. All the stuff about BDC being forced to say something nice about the PGA Tour when he's already signed for LIV is hilarious.  What a fucking helmet he is. Thought you wanted more time to do some proper bro golf on your Youtube with silly haired long drive champions, Bry?

11 greedy wankers, imagine being handed fucking millions before you even turn up and still saying "nah, I'm entitled to more". I at least have some respect for those who are just getting on with playing on the LIV tour and staying out of this pish. 

23 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't see how they will win. The PGA Tour must have had the best legal team check things out before banning these guys, knowing this would come. The LIV p***ks lose nothing from trying this lawsuit but probably know they won't win. It'll just drive a bigger wedge between them and their peers. All the stuff about BDC being forced to say something nice about the PGA Tour when he's already signed for LIV is hilarious.  What a fucking helmet he is. Thought you wanted more time to do some proper bro golf on your Youtube with silly haired long drive champions, Bry?

11 greedy wankers, imagine being handed fucking millions before you even turn up and still saying "nah, I'm entitled to more". I at least have some respect for those who are just getting on with playing on the LIV tour and staying out of this pish. 

The lawsuit is an antitrust one though, arguing that the PGA is a monopoly and isn't allowing competition. It's going to be difficult to argue against that.

8 hours ago, Stringer Bell said:

The lawsuit is an antitrust one though, arguing that the PGA is a monopoly and isn't allowing competition. It's going to be difficult to argue against that.

Should get chucked out just for the Sergio text messages alone....Sharky ffs 🤣

17 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Don't know if anyone on here has ever played Falkland GC, but the first 100 yards of the par 5 2nd hole shares the same real estate as Lomond Vics' football ground. 

20220805_172813.jpg

Yeah I've played it always a quick 9 holer to play if pushed for time 

Shot a personal best 93 in the medal this morning, 4 under my handicap for a 67.  Really chuffed as my golf hasn't been great in recent weeks, but I've almost forced myself to slow and shorten my swing and seeing results. 

The ridiculous things is that despite that being my best score in a comp, I think I left about 6 or 7 shots out there 😆

Golf is fucking great 

14 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Started playing golf again after missing it most of the last 18 months. 80/72 last week and 92/84 this week. Tempted to sack it entirely tbh. Utterly soul destroying shite 😂

I was a 90 yesterday. 40 out…..50 back! 

Clubs were going to get chucked in the sea

Started playing golf again after missing it most of the last 18 months. 80/72 last week and 92/84 this week. Tempted to sack it entirely tbh. Utterly soul destroying shite [emoji23]
I was a 90 yesterday. 40 out…..50 back! 

Clubs were going to get chucked in the sea
Read a book last year called The Lost Art of Playing Golf. One of the things it talks about is managing expectations, that you aren't going to play your best stuff every time. One of the players they used as an example was Dustin Johnson, his scores over the season they used ranged from a 62 to a 78.