Golfers Thread

Gaz

8 minutes ago, Ervin H Burrell said:

First one away. A bit old, but should compete well enough.

He joins The Gammons alongside Westwood and Poulter.

20220718_173423.thumb.jpg.18f0db276fe98449e76f579b6d6073fc.jpg

Well that's the likelihood of me watching LIV golf just decreased by a factor of about one million.

20 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

😂

You're a fucking lunatic 

Check it out champ turns out you're full of shit. Who knew? I had a wee look here's some from previous years. Didn't do it last year as my golfer didn't come cause of Covid restrictions. They change the colour every year so people like you can't find my old pass and try to blag your way inside the ropes. I've caddied in McIlroy's group. Have you?

16581656344552418357964884642115.jpg

20 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

😂

You're a fucking lunatic 

I'll show you this year's too plus the car park pass you get. Wonder if I could find mine from the two times I've done the British seniors and one British ladies. You ever caddied in a major? Three for me.

1 hour ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Check it out champ turns out you're full of shit. Who knew? I had a wee look here's some from previous years. Didn't do it last year as my golfer didn't come cause of Covid restrictions. They change the colour every year so people like you can't find my old pass and try to blag your way inside the ropes. I've caddied in McIlroy's group. Have you?

16581656344552418357964884642115.jpg

1 hour ago, HalfCutNinja said:

I'll show you this year's too plus the car park pass you get. Wonder if I could find mine from the two times I've done the British seniors and one British ladies. You ever caddied in a major? Three for me.

Cool man. Gumtree or E-bay? 😂

30 minutes ago, Ervin H Burrell said:

It was an Open for the ages though. Don't think many will forget that one. The weather, the course, the occasion, the winner's performance just all came together perfectly. 

images.jpeg.8fd5ec4506adafa0097cc69de9e179f7.jpeg

Was it the best Open this century ? The sheer quality of Stenson v Phil at Royal Troon probably beats it.

Top 5 for me

1. Stenson 2016

2. Smith 2022

3. Tiger 2000

4. Mickelson 2013

5. Woods 2005

Honorable mention for Turnberry 2008 which would have been in here had Tom held on.

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:

The two Opens can't really claim to be "open" if they bump guys just for playing at LIV. It's only a handful of guys who have long term exemptions for some of the majors. It would be incredibly petty imo if they stopped those exemptions, it's not as if the majority will get anywhere near troubling the engraver.

Poulter and Westwood put a temporary halt to their slide down the rankings by picking up points at the Open. Others like Garcia, Grace, Oosthuizen all continue to slide.

Look at the drop off here.

Just now, Ervin H Burrell said:

Look at the drop off here.

Seemingly they will head to the Asian tour to win ranking points so basically dispelling the "I want to spend more time with my family"

On a side note Sergio has came out with that's him binning everything apart from Liv and the masters when his exemption runs out

7 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Seemingly they will head to the Asian tour to win ranking points so basically dispelling the "I want to spend more time with my family"

Bryson, Brooks, Phil and Pat Reed forced to play Pro-Ams in Jakarta and Manilla to try and scrape enough points to stay in the world's top 60 sounds fucking hilarious tbh.

16 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

I read Paul Casey's comments about that and he said it pretty much needs to be done en masse in order to boost the strength of field by enough to increase available ranking points. It seems as though they'll still only be playing a couple of Asian Tour events because of that need for them all to co-ordinate schedules. 

51 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

On a side note Sergio has came out with that's him binning everything apart from Liv and the masters when his exemption runs out

Growing the game by taking places that would normally be given to young Asian players

I’m not sure how this will work because the Asian tour currently gets considerably less ranking points than the PGA and European tours so even if they do play they’ll get overtaken by others playing elsewhere. There is an overhaul coming but not until 2024 where it will (hopefully) be too late for them and they’ll have disappeared into the distance.

To summarise, i’ve no clue and wish Greg Norman would just f**k off.