Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 minute ago, J_Stewart said:

I think it’s entirely fair to criticise him. He played unimaginative, negative golf in his approach play pretty much all day. Whether that was through an inability to hit his irons in range for birdie chances or an unwillingness to risk a mistake is essentially moot. He didn’t do it and it cost him. Hovland was exactly the same. They had the two worst rounds of anyone in the top 18, and only Scott and Kim had similarly bad in the top 20. They only have themselves to blame.

Even Scott was -4 through 10, before imploding on 12

As far as my bets go had £2 e/w on DJ at 33/1 which is in, also had £2 e/w on Ancer at 100/1 top 11 which will be split I'd expect, the £1 e/w on Sam Horsefield and £2 e/w on Willy Z are gone, still should be a tasty couple of beers profit

Smith won it and more good news Pep won't be seen until about 2030 on this thread
On course observation today there was no energy in Rory/Vic pairing today it was all with the Cams 
As mentioned earlier, Rory and Hovland spurred each other on yesterday, with Hovland toiling today Rory seemed to slip into defensive mode.

4 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
10 minutes ago, doulikefish said:
Smith won it and more good news Pep won't be seen until about 2030 on this thread
On course observation today there was no energy in Rory/Vic pairing today it was all with the Cams 

As mentioned earlier, Rory and Hovland spurred each other on yesterday, with Hovland toiling today Rory seemed to slip into defensive mode.

Yip but I was more meaning actually in the group not a word was spoken whilst yesterday they were both chatting away but that's pressure for you .Hovland just looked petrified with it all 

Yip but I was more meaning actually in the group not a word was spoken whilst yesterday they were both chatting away but that's pressure for you .Hovland just looked petrified with it all 
Hovland had never been better than T12 in a major before today, and I think it showed. He just never got going at all.

Smith looks like he’s genuinely completely gobsmacked. A cliche you hear a lot is ‘it won’t really sink in until tomorrow’ - in his case I genuinely don’t think it has sunk in, and won’t until he wakes up tomorrow and sees the claret jug on the bedside table.

McGinley still looking like someone just shat in his mince.

7 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Again, 😂😂😂

Sit down you absolute fantasist. 

Was caddying today actually. Still do part time. Had.....a club pro from Madrid. 77.

I've worked in golf for over 20 years mate. Amazingly enough you do meet professional golfers. All the time.

Americans often bring their club pro as it happens. It's not that I'm a fantasist, it's just you don't know anything about golf.

6 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
8 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:
Fair enough. I've met hundreds of pros of every level and those three are the three they talk about. Also Dornoch gets good press. But fair enough I'm not positioned to police your opinion.
Never played either of those but Pitreavie I've been meaning to get to for a while just not got round to it.
Also Lundin is good, well worth a visit. Leven next door too.
I don't know where you live but I played a course in Glasgow once called East Renfrew and it was excellent. Would highly recommend. Very friendly too.

Royal Dornoch is probably the best course in Scotland.

Never seen it but it's very popular with tourists and gets really good reviews from them.

Thar run of birdies by Smith on the back nine was excellent but it's worth remembering he only shot 34 on the front nine. If Rory had been a bit more positive on that front nine and gone out in 33 or 34 he'd have been well ahead and I'm not sure that in that scenario Smith does what he did. Basically, Rory's poor front nine gave the likes of Smith and Young encouragement they were still in the hunt despite relatively ordinary front nines of their own. 

He must be absolutely kicking himself just now.