Golfers Thread

Gaz

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Those two obviously enjoy playing together, and inspire each other.

Tomorrow could be sensational

Yes, I'm thinking they are very likely to finish 1 and 2.

Either would be worthy winners.

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

He looked pretty spooked as he stood on the tee at 18

His tactics on 18 in the last 2 rounds are just bizarre. Laid back for 2 pars when the field are battering it up around the green and walking off with tap in birdies.

2 minutes ago, Ervin H Burrell said:

His tactics on 18 in the last 2 rounds are just bizarre. Laid back for 2 pars when the field are battering it up around the green and walking off with tap in birdies.

It's the approach of a man who has hit driver into the Rusacks at some point

Looks like a straight fight between Rory and Viktor, but…. Look at the charge Kisner put on today, and when Lowry chipped in twice? You just never know. Rory and Hovland could easily have dropped shots at the 17th tonight. You just never know… going to be a great watch. Beers are chilling, crisps are at the ready, Dominos phone number is at hand so my arse needen’t leave the couch.

DJs drive at the 18th though. Registered a ‘60’ on the Shite Meter. Still walked off with a birdie though. Do Americans also use the phrase ‘it’s not how, it’s how many’?

8 minutes ago, Ervin H Burrell said:

Yet elsewhere he's been reckless, that hole today (the 13th?) where he had his feet in the bunker and then ended up hacking it up the rough for a double bogey was just ridiculous play and is where you need a strong caddy.

He's the kind of player who could go and shoot a 65 tomorrow but even then I doubt that would be enough, he's surely blown it today.

I fucking love golf. Me, my brother and my dad went out to play Balfron today for my brothers birthday, a course I love playing. My brother has played 2 rounds of golf in his life and shot 75 through the front 9 today, 68 on the way back, I shot a 92 and my dad shot a (piss poor by his standards) 96, yet every one of us had a brilliant day and never stopped smiling. We headed for a meal with the rest of the family then came home to watch the final few groups finish at the Open and we're all absolutely buzzing. It feels special, it feels big and tomorrow is going to be great. I think golf is one of the best things people can do for their mental health and today just hammered it home for me. Steamin' on dopamine. And pints tbf.