Golfers Thread

Gaz

4 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

There was a bit yesterday where one of the Americans (I think) was hitting a shot and Faldo said something like the lines of ‘he doesn’t have as many shots as I did’. Just a pointless arrogance now.

Aye that sounds exactly the sort of thing Faldo would say.  He was a fine golfer but remains a dick. 

49 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

In our terms, I reckon a ‘48’ equates to ‘jesus, hit that right off the toe but got away with it’. A ‘38’ equates to a Liz McColgan drive. Anything over ‘50” in our world equates to ‘fcuking caught that one sweet, why can’t I do that every drive?’… that’s how I’m reading it.

One of the commentators yesterday said 60 would be about the tour average for the strike meter. Rory banged one over 400 yards yesterday and it only scored 78.

The scoring seems a bit daft as it seems impossible for anyone to get anywhere near 100.

Got the featured groups in the background whilst at work, Tyrrell Hatton coming across as a complete bellend
The only Bellend thing Tyrrell Hatton hasn't done is join LIV

Dipping into this thread from time to time confirms what I already thought. Watching a big golf tournament isn’t really about pars, birdies, pin positions or the course. It’s one big game of ‘good guy, good guy, w**k, w**k, good guy, w**k, good guy, w**k’.

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Dipping into this thread from time to time confirms what I already thought. Watching a big golf tournament isn’t really about pars, birdies, pin positions or the course. It’s one big game of ‘good guy, good guy, w**k, w**k, good guy, w**k, good guy, w**k’.

Feel free to contribute with your knowledge on the pin positions. I can offer zero on the pin position at 12, the speed of the greens and where best to land it on the green. That’s my I’m watching at home on the couch. 

Given the injury surprised Tiger is risking carrying on today just mentioned his ankle is causing bad discomfort again.

It has to be better to withdraw due to injury than risk making things worse.

Especially as there's no chance of making the cut.

Given the injury surprised Tiger is risking carrying on today just mentioned his ankle is causing bad discomfort again.
It has to be better to withdraw due to injury than risk making things worse.
Especially as there's no chance of making the cut.
It's sad to see

42 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I've never encountered anything similar in an individual sport.