Golfers Thread

Gaz

3 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Maybe one for the 'RTBC' but a friend has just e-mailed me a couple of tix for Thursday's Scottish Open. (His partner booked a very,very last minute week in Corsica.....he's no' happy !!!)

Never been to Renaissance before........any good as a viewing course ??

Aye, it's not too bad. I was there last year. Best spot is at the far end of the course, you have a couple of pairs of greens (8th + 13th and 9th + 11th) plus the tees at 9 and 12 all really close together. The stand behind the par 3 17th is also good if you sit on the far left you can see them drive right up 18, plus there's a beer tent there.

2 minutes ago, Ervin H Burrell said:

Aye, it's not too bad. I was there last year. Best spot is at the far end of the course, you have a couple of pairs of greens (8th + 13th and 9th + 11th) plus the tees at 9 and 12 all really close together. The stand behind the par 3 17th is also good if you sit on the far left you can see them drive right up 18, plus there's a beer tent there.

Thank you, kind sir.....................

Chance missed for David Law with a bogey on the par 5 17th. Needs to hole his second at the last to tie Ryan Fox in the clubhouse on -17. A birdie for Law could bag him an open spot.

Norway's Espen Kostad was in contention until he ran up a quad bogey 8 including a shank.

Bob MacIntyre hit a closing 69 and is T13th, 3 bogeys on his card too so could have been better.

48 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Cracking par putt on the last for Law, currently 4th on his own. All 3 players ahead of him already have a spot in the Open, 3 places up for grabs here.

If Zanotti birdies then Law is out of the Open on WGR places. 

That's unless Campillo bogeys...

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

And Zanotti has given himself the shortest birdie putt I've seen all day on 18.

Campillo struggling though....

I thought he was holing that long par putt for a second there... 

Well done to Law. Good to see MacIntyre finding some form this week as well. 

Anyone played the Roxburghe down by Kelso? My wife is going to a concert down that area tomorrow night and I’ve offered to drive on the basis that I spend the evening playing golf nearby while she watches Michael fucking Buble.

Looks a fair step up from the usual council tracks I play 😂

5 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Anyone played the Roxburghe down by Kelso? My wife is going to a concert down that area tomorrow night and I’ve offered to drive on the basis that I spend the evening playing golf nearby while she watches Michael fucking Buble.

Played it a few years ago, Dave Thomas design I think, wasn't the cheapest, signature hole is 14th if memory serves, lovely par 5 towards viaduct from elevated tee..........

18 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Yeah couple of times 

The hole with the viaduct view is get the cameras out time as has been mentioned but it ain't cheap but a lovely track if it's a sunny day 

42 Stableford points for me today. Out in level par with 7 pars, one birdie and one bogey for 23 points. 19 points on the back 9 despite getting no points on the 10th courtesy of a triple bogey. Delighted that I didn’t allow that to derail  me and I played very nicely thereafter. 

The commentators at the John Deere classic doing their level best to build up the importance of the tournament over the years now that every man and his dog has given it a miss in order to fly over pond for the next couple of weeks. 

The commentators at the John Deere classic doing their level best to build up the importance of the tournament over the years now that every man and his dog has given it a miss in order to fly over pond for the next couple of weeks. 
It's got the shittest spot on the calendar, but laughably LIV tried to use the comparative strength of fields this week to point score.

Poston should have this in the bag unless he keels over.

Since the WHS came in, it's been pointed out that the CSS has never once moved at my club for any competition. This weekend we had 155 players playing, 3 were under handicap (two at 2 under, one at 1 under), one played to handicap. The rest were over handicap including 39 NRs. Almost half the field (75) were at least 8 shots over handicap. This seems utterly ridiculous and the word is that this is a problem affecting all clubs in Scotland.  Has anyone else noticed this or actually had any movements in the CSS at their clubs?

Screenshot_20220704_004758_com.android.chrome.jpg