Golfers Thread

Gaz

On 27/06/2022 at 21:08, DigOutYourSoul said:

Panmure is brilliant, well 4-15 are brilliant - 1-3 and 16-18 are on different land that I don't like quite as much, but 4-15 is as good a stretch of golf as you'll find. It's in amazing condition just now after the regional qualifiers. Usual green fees are £145 and they basically never do discount for normal, non-tour guide, tee times. 

I'd say £200 for the rounds and B&B in the Ferry is a really good deal. 

+1 on Panmure.  Played it in April for the first time and it's a stunning course with some really memorable holes. Even in early Spring the fairways and greens were excellent so I can imagine it'd be top-notch now. It also has one of the best clubhouses in Scotland and everyone we encountered was really friendly.

Scotscraig isn't quite at the same level but it's still a very good course and experience.  Years since I played it but remember it as more heathland than links.

£200 for both and B&B is a genuinely great deal.

IMG_20220402_185947.jpg

p1.jpg

P2.jpg

One thing I didn't realise until some of the recent LIV pressers is how horrible life is for a PGA Tour player. Yesterday with Reed, Perez and Koepka all moaning about travel and the schedule etc. Koepka's last 4 tourneys were a WGC and 3 majors, he's hardly overworked as it is. Perez was at least honest to say it's like a lottery win for him, but he was slating the Saudis just months ago.

2 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

From what I can make out the only Scots in the Open will be Paul Lawrie and Bob MacIntyre. Still a couple of DP and PGA events where a good finish can get in but looking like a piss poor home representation as things stand.

Yeah disappointing considering some of the results on Tour over the last year or two. It would have been worse if this wasn't the 150th Open as I'm not sure Lawrie would have entered otherwise.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

One thing I didn't realise until some of the recent LIV pressers is how horrible life is for a PGA Tour player. Yesterday with Reed, Perez and Koepka all moaning about travel and the schedule etc. Koepka's last 4 tourneys were a WGC and 3 majors, he's hardly overworked as it is. Perez was at least honest to say it's like a lottery win for him, but he was slating the Saudis just months ago.

Some of these guys must be incredulous that most people actually play golf for fun.

On 27/06/2022 at 09:03, Slacker said:

It was Sergio Garcia.

On 27/06/2022 at 10:48, Slacker said:

Yeah he was ranting in the locker room apparently, I don't know who to or exactly what was said but along the lines of "this is a shit tour".

Golf Monthly reporting this now (you heard it here first 😎):

And, at the BMW International Open in Germany last week, the Spaniard is alleged to have launched into an anti-DP World Tour rant in the locker room, saying how bad the circuit was and that players were making a mistake by sticking with it. Those present are said to have been taken aback by the comments, with one player apparently revealing how he’d lost all respect for Garcia. 

“They all think they are untouchable and they all think the tours can’t do anything. I think they’re all about to realise they’re wrong,” said one DP World Tour player of the LIV defectors. “It is short sighted to think regulations can’t change and that there isn’t a lot of ill feeling towards them. I think they’ve miscalculated quite dramatically.” 

Just looking in on the LIV golf.  The commentators aren't half talking some rubbish as they desperately try to convince everyone, including themselves, how great it is. 

And they are randomly displaying tweets on screen that cover the hole when someone is putting. 

Absolutely dire. 

13 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I really cannot stand Brooks. His arseholeness is massively under stated because people hate Bryson more. The guy is a grade A turd.

This.

Two utterly tedious arseholes. Their recurring "feuds" were endlessly dull.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

44 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Liv boys getting the lawyers in against the DP world tour it's all a bit predictable 

Enjoyed Justin Thomas saying that if they sue the tours, they are effectively sueing the players who’ve stayed on those tours, and that’s where the real feeling of betrayal will come from. The Ryder Cup teams are going be strange in Italy.

Zalatoris has told them to f**k off again apparently.

They are really growing the game by trying to take all the guys who have earned the most over the last 20 years, and all the guys who are currently at the top. That will really force the changes they are aiming for by giving everyone equal chance to win big money.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Seems like it's going to get nasty soon.

Good. Get them banned from the Majors and draw a line under.

There's no need to ban them from the Majors. As long as OWGR aren't awarding points to LIV events, there isn't even a need to change any eligibility rules.

The vast majority will have to go through local and final qualifying for the two Opens. If they are members of the PGA of America, the same will apply for the PGA, if they aren't, then they are fucked there too. Augusta will do what Augusta always do and make up their own rules, but they are the very definition of "No individual is bigger than the Tournament". Especially when it comes to Norman.

Former champions will be able to play on exemptions for a certain time, but outside of that, they will need to qualify or have finished in the top 5 the previous year/Major.  From the R&A's point of view, they don't need a DeChambeau if they have McIlroy, etc, so if he's not there, who cares, and if he rocks up to Panmure to play in qualifying, it's "Everyone is desperate to play in our great event".