Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

I don’t know if it’s just Angus that’s affected but every round Iv played in the last 2-3 weeks seems to be played in strong winds 

Yeah definitely noticed it across the country this year. Last summer I played a lot and can count on one hand the number of really tough rounds due to wind. Can already count more this year and I’ve not played as much.

He'll be thinking about that one for a while.
I don't blame him for hitting driver on the last, but having found the bunker he has to just splash it out and give himself a chance of getting up and down for par. His caddy has to be talking him out of going for the green there.

6 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
17 minutes ago, Ervin H Burrell said:
He'll be thinking about that one for a while.

I don't blame him for hitting driver on the last, but having found the bunker he has to just splash it out and give himself a chance of getting up and down for par. His caddy has to be talking him out of going for the green there.

Aye, absolutely. The longer he stood over it the more likely it was going to end in disaster.

Aye, absolutely. The longer he stood over it the more likely it was going to end in disaster.
The only two people who couldn't see that coming were the player and his caddy. Maybe he was seeing replays in his head of Fitzpatrick nailing it from the bunker last week.

On 25/06/2022 at 14:52, Honest_Man#1 said:

As much as I hope it’s a major failure and I’ll be gutted as a fan if it picks up more momentum, I find it really hard to begrudge any of the golfers taking the money. .

That’s exactly my take on it. I’m selfishly annoyed that it could possibly take away some of the top players competing against each other, but at the same time I can completely understand the guys jumping ship. If I was ranked 300 on the OWGR and offered the chance to play in a 48 man tournament with no cut, playing against some absolute jobbers for a ridiculous amount of money, then I can’t sit here hand on heart and say I wouldn’t go. The source of the money would definitely be an issue for me, but weighing that up against setting yourself and your full family up for life may be too much to turn down.