Golfers Thread

Gaz

8 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Utterly bonkers round by Rory, 7 birdies so far but playing 2 holes like a 28 handicapper leaves him level for the day.

He finished well to be fair to him. Holed a nice putt for double bogey then birdied the next and almost birdied the last. Schauffele with a good lead at the halfway point there. 

10 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Perfect timing emoji23.png

Total headsgone from Rory having to hole a 4 footer for a fucking 8 on the 390yd Par 4 12th. Wtf

🤣🤣

Nuts it was nuts but us mere mortals can only dream of having an 8 and a 6 on the card and shooting level par 

Jason Kokrak put his last shot on the pga some 50 yards over the back of the 18th out of bounds walked off the course and jumped in his car and got Dqed for not handing in his card...another ahole off to join liv

29 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

🤣🤣

Nuts it was nuts but us mere mortals can only dream of having an 8 and a 6 on the card and shooting level par 

Jason Kokrak put his last shot on the pga some 50 yards over the back of the 18th out of bounds walked off the course and jumped in his car and got Dqed for not handing in his card...another ahole off to join liv

What a tw@t.

14 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Iv got Kokrak in my fantasy team 🤬

He's got a better chance of winning on the LIV than he does on the PGA tour.... 

4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Fair play to him. It must have been tempting.  Hopefully the boy goes on and makes a decent living out of the game. 

If at 22 someone was offering me multi-millions guaranteed for only a two year commitment, I’d be really struggling to turn that down. Set for life at that age would be phenomenal. Got to give it to him for saying no, he must believe he’ll be good enough to make good money on the PGA.

Rahm reportedly turned down somewhere around $400m. Utterly wild.

8 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

If at 22 someone was offering me multi-millions guaranteed for only a two year commitment, I’d be really struggling to turn that down. Set for life at that age would be phenomenal. Got to give it to him for saying no, he must believe he’ll be good enough to make good money on the PGA.

Rahm reportedly turned down somewhere around $400m. Utterly wild.

One of the rare cases where you simultaneously hand it to him for having the morals, but wouldn't really have grudged him signing up maybe. 

Norman said Tiger was offered "high 9 figures". Almost a billion to play some half arsed golf. 

3 hours ago, doulikefish said:

🤣🤣

It's been made out to be a lot more dramatic than it was. He thinned a bunker shot and nobody had seen it fly OB. By the time he and his playing partners realised the next group were waiting in the fairway to play. Kokrak was missing the cut anyway so decided just to not record a score. He still went in to the scorers hut and certified his partners cards.

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

One of the rare cases where you simultaneously hand it to him for having the morals, but wouldn't really have grudged him signing up maybe. 

Norman said Tiger was offered "high 9 figures". Almost a billion to play some half arsed golf. 

I can definitely understand guys that are being plucked from the amateur ranks and those who are struggling to get by on the tour jumping at it. 

It's a sound strategy by Norman too, as when the higher ranked players start seeing these guys make a small fortune overnight greed takes over and they want a piece of it. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

It's been made out to be a lot more dramatic than it was. He thinned a bunker shot and nobody had seen it fly OB. By the time he and his playing partners realised the next group were waiting in the fairway to play. Kokrak was missing the cut anyway so decided just to not record a score. He still went in to the scorers hut and certified his partners cards.

That's disappointing. I had an image of him deliberately taking 3 clubs too many, thumping it OB and then just walking off the course. 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

As much as I hope it’s a major failure and I’ll be gutted as a fan if it picks up more momentum, I find it really hard to begrudge any of the golfers taking the money. Yes the top ones are very wealthy anyway, but in any job if someone offered you the equivalent of about 10 years’ salary as an upfront fee without having to do anything other than show up 8 times a year, you’d take it no questions asked.

91 for a net par in my club open today. Some of the best golf I’ve ever played on the front nine - driver was going beautifully and kept making good decisions. I was three shots under net at the turn.

Unfortunately on the 11th I took five shots from 50 yards, then on the 13th lost a ball off the tee and ended up with a 7 on a par 3. Knock two shots off each of those holes - which was really the least I should have done - and I end up with a net four under.

First proper outing for the new driver today (PXG 0211). Loving it - knocked one 273 yards down the middle today. 50 yards past where my best strikes with the old one went!

21 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Boab's raging. Who's the money on?

I'm guessing Patrick Reed? 

Probably not actually. He won't have looked up to him all his life... 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Who has looked up to that slug?

MacIntyre used to practice with him when he first went over to America to play. I think they got on pretty well. Plucked his name out because of the LIV thing. I doubt it's him though. 

8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

MacIntyre used to practice with him when he first went over to America to play. I think they got on pretty well. Plucked his name out because of the LIV thing. I doubt it's him though. 

LIV and Patrick Reed deserve eachother