Golfers Thread

Gaz

38 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

That was an absolutely magnificent final day to round off one of my favourite ever majors. It literally couldn't have gone better:

• Dramatic win when he looked like he'd fucked it on the last
  • Plays one of the greatest last hole bunker shots of all time (better than Sandy's imo)
  • Lee Westwood will probably bitter AF
  • I think the top 3 were all in my dream team

GLORIOUS

Top 3? I've got them too, plus Hideki in 4th and Morikawa in 5th.

28 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Wonder if he'll be wearing this clobber when he pitches up at St. Andrews ?

Fitzpatrick will have to honour his clothing and sponsorship contracts.

Like Raducanu, his agent will be able to bring in lucrative new and replacement deals.

Hopefully, he won't let them distract him. She's been let down by her advisers.

40 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

From The Guardian comments section :-

"Fitzpatrick just seems the most amazingly humble person. When he missed that birdie putt he had a 1 foot tap on for his par. He could have left that shot until after Zalatoris birdie attempt. Which meant he could have had that par putt to cheers from the crowd and really milked the moment.

Instead he just calmly walked up without a second thought and tapped it in. And left Zalatoris to have the glory if he got it in.

He's the sort of bloke I would want to have a drink with."

I was amazed at how calm he was after Zalatoris missed that putt

His caddie Billy , understandably after all his years of frustration, went to pieces.

Fitzpatrick waited for him to recover his composure before hugging him.

True class!

We've been spoiled by the majors this year, the final days have all been tremendous but the leaderboard yesterday along with it all going down to the final putt from Zalatoris was just great viewing yesterday. 

Recency bias aside that must be one of the all time ball striking rounds in a major from Fitzpatrick yesterday. Hitting 17 greens in reg on a Sunday at a US Open is unheard of.

Really really enjoyed yesterday, now on to St Andrews.

Edited by DigOutYourSoul

11 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

He seems an absolute shoe in to be announced by LIV.

I don’t follow him because I think he’s a bit of a cock but I see some of his pish popping up now and again and I get major pickup truck, Trump and second amendment vibes off him. His “if this offends you” patter is the calling card of the above type of daft yank.

Looks like the PGA Tour are going to combat LIV with three fall series events with $25m purses exclusively for the top 60 in the OWGR. 

That's three events with bigger purses than The Players and likely top 10 prizes in line with LIV events. 

Trying to get this announcement out before Brooks, Bubba and Ancer announce they've signed up for LIV.

45 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Looks like the PGA Tour are going to combat LIV with three fall series events with $25m purses exclusively for the top 60 in the OWGR. 

That's three events with bigger purses than The Players and likely top 10 prizes in line with LIV events. 

Trying to get this announcement out before Brooks, Bubba and Ancer announce they've signed up for LIV.

Looks like we can add Morikawa to the list.  That's a big big move for LIV.