Golfers Thread

Gaz

Just now, peasy23 said:

Quite ironic that Phil hits a 4 putt on the 4th anniversary of him chasing his ball around the green at Shinnecock Hills.

I still enjoy referring back to that footage now and again. Phil's mask well and truly slipped that day. 

1 hour ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Why's Tony Jacklin's son Scottish? No complaining like

Seem to remember as a kid just getting into golf in the early 90s finding out that Tony lived in Sanquhar , which wasn't very far from where I lived at the time. Assuming his son was born here in that period. 

Seem to remember as a kid just getting into golf in the early 90s finding out that Tony lived in Sanquhar , which wasn't very far from where I lived at the time. Assuming his son was born here in that period. 
My mum's family come from Sanquhar. This is a revelation!

Anyone on here use the TaylorMade hi-toe wedges? I’m looking for a 60 degree wedge and they seem to get the best reviews, although they are a bit pricey. The most lofted club in my bag is a 54 degree SW which came with my iron set, and I’m getting fed up playing chip shots that look brilliant in the air then land on the green with top spin and end up 30 feet away.  There’s a good chance that isn’t the clubs fault but I want to get a 60 degree just to confirm. 

Got to admit I'm hoping Rory wins this one just for the scenes on Sunday ie an Irishman winning in Boston the place will go nuts 

I know there's other Irish players but apart from tiger Rory is the biggest needle mover in golf 

And Phil to miss the cut for gambling purposes 😉

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Anyone looked at their Scottish Golf handicap ranking? It's basically a handicap Order of Merit, which is a decent idea, but there are some teething issues.

I'm currently 20000 places behind my mate, who has a higher handicap

I'm 14.2 at the moment, ranking me 169th among Bishopbriggs members, and 52,942nd overall. 😂