Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Some Scots involvement in US Open final qualifying.

Tony Jacklin's son Sean is currently second place in Jupiter, Florida.

Am I correct in thinking there's no Scottish golfers in the field for this? I know that there were none in the running in the mini order of merit that did in the European Tour. 

Am I correct in thinking there's no Scottish golfers in the field for this? I know that there were none in the running in the mini order of merit that did in the European Tour. 
There is now, Biggar born Sean Jacklin qualified in Florida, despite a 4 over back 9 in his second round he was tied 1st on 5 under par. Qualifies for his first US Open aged 30. Ricky Fowler was -2 at the same event, missing out on a playoff for an open spot by 1 shot.

8 hours ago, peasy23 said:
11 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

There is now, Biggar born Sean Jacklin qualified in Florida, despite a 4 over back 9 in his second round he was tied 1st on 5 under par. Qualifies for his first US Open aged 30. Ricky Fowler was -2 at the same event, missing out on a playoff for an open spot by 1 shot.

He'll do. Would normally be quite a big story considering who his dad is but maybe not so much with the LIV circus in full swing.

A couple of classic quotes from DJ:

The LIV format is a "true test" of golf - you mean the 54 hole 48 man field format which includes virtually none of the top golfers in the world?

"I don't want to play for the rest of my life. This gives me the opportunity to do what I want to do" - I would have thought that $74 million in career earnings plus who knows what in endorsements would have been enough for that already. Obviously his 'recreational habits' have been a tad on the expensive side.

DJ effectively semi retiring, a dozen LIV events and the US Open and Masters for a few years until he gets bored completely. He was undoubtedly the best golfer in the world 2019-2020, but his star is clearly waning and for a guy who's main asset was length off the tee, I think his drop off would come quicker than others. I don't think he would have fallen off a cliff, but there's all these young studs on tour now who have 15-20 years on him.

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

:lol:

Go Hy Flyers!

How long do we give this before the money runs out? What a load of garbage it is.

Just unbelievably tinpot. Billions thrown at this and the team names are from a golf club charity quiz night and the badges from create-a-club on Tiger Woods 2014 for the ps3.

This whole LIV thing is just nonsensical. Best ignored.

On to the real golf - carried on my regular thing now of playing my best golf when I'm out just having a casual knock myself. Net 60 today, eight under, with no score worse than a double bogey and not a single three putt on the card.

17 - SEVENTEEN - shots better than the last summer league card I put in...

Utter crap names (although one is pretty much my middle name.....)

I always wanted this to fail but this has just strengthened that feeling.  However, I have the feeling that the Saudi's will keep throwing money at this for some time yet.

Can Newcastle United fans anticipate a change of name to Newcastle Fire Balls?

[emoji38]
Go Hy Flyers!
How long do we give this before the money runs out? What a load of garbage it is.
Rumours are they have committed a minimum of 2 billion dollars to it, but have spent nigh on 350 million of that to get DJ and Phil signed up.

Really not sure how the major involvement will go. Obviously some players have lifetime exemptions for some of them, but if either no or very few OWGR points are assigned to the LIV events then it will be very hard for guys to qualify. Normally ranking points for a tourney are based on strength of field, so the LIV ones should be very low, if the OWGR choose to recognise them at all.