Golfers Thread

Gaz

I only watch the majors, ultimate glory hunter, but it always seems like the Day 4 leader always just hovers around the same score he posted on day 3 and keeps the others at arms length. I’ve never heard of Pereira or seen the first two rounds but it wouldn’t surprise me if he wins like with the scores as is. Is this a regular thing?

9 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

I only watch the majors, ultimate glory hunter, but it always seems like the Day 4 leader always just hovers around the same score he posted on day 3 and keeps the others at arms length. I’ve never heard of Pereira or seen the first two rounds but it wouldn’t surprise me if he wins like with the scores as is. Is this a regular thing?

It's roughly a 50% strike rate for the 3rd round leader going on to win in a major. The average R4 score for the 3rd round leader is 71.7.

3 minutes ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

It's roughly a 50% strike rate for the 3rd round leader going on to win in a major. The average R4 score for the 3rd round leader is 71.7.

That’s what, +1 for the round? Sorry I’m not clued up on golf. Of course the chasing pack usually lose a shot here and there when it gets to the back 9 usually so it usually goes unpunished? 

6 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

That’s what, +1 for the round? Sorry I’m not clued up on golf. Of course the chasing pack usually lose a shot here and there when it gets to the back 9 usually so it usually goes unpunished? 

It's roughly par as it depends on the course, there's par 70, 71 and 72's used for majors.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Theres no way he should be allowed to take that long ffs

That’s the dithering PGA Yank official to blame. Things moved on when they brought a Brit’ in, who sorted it in jig time by telling Zalatoris ‘drop the fcuking thing there and get a wriggle on you daft kunt’.