Golfers Thread

Gaz

86 for a nett 70 in yesterday's medal. Front 9 of 40 including 5 pars and nothing worse than a 5. Bit more mixed on the back 9, ran up an 8 on 13 including a 3 putt from 15 feet. Also bogeyed all 3 par 3s, a 6 on the par 5 15th and finished with a 3 putt double bogey on 18.

Started the season at 16.1, down to 14.5 after yesterday.

28 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

86 for a nett 70 in yesterday's medal. Front 9 of 40 including 5 pars and nothing worse than a 5. Bit more mixed on the back 9, ran up an 8 on 13 including a 3 putt from 15 feet. Also bogeyed all 3 par 3s, a 6 on the par 5 15th and finished with a 3 putt double bogey on 18.

Started the season at 15 8, down to 14.5 after yesterday.

That’s fine early season progress. I’ve had a run of good scores leaving my 20 most recent so have gone up from 6.3 to 7.8 over the last 3 weeks. 34 Stableford points yesterday but still up by 0.1 with a better score becoming a non counter. Another increase likely today with a very good score due to leave my 20 most recent. A little bit frustrating but reminding myself I was at 9.6 at the start of last season so overall good progress. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

That’s fine early season progress. I’ve had a run of good scores leaving my 20 most recent so have gone up from 6.3 to 7.8 over the last 3 weeks. 34 Stableford points yesterday but still up by 0.1 with a better score becoming a non counter. Another increase likely today with a very good score due to leave my 20 most recent. A little bit frustrating but reminding myself I was at 9.6 at the start of last season so overall good progress. 
I was lucky in that my best 8 scores at the start were all in the last 10 rounds, so knew I had a few free hits before anything decent drops out. Even now I still have 6 rounds to drop out before any that are counting. Problem just now is consistency, last 5 adjusted gross scores have been 91, 96, 84, 98 and 85, which is fucking ludicrous tbh.

I’m 10.5 which is what I started the season at. Unfortunately I’m protecting 3 scores in the next 4 rounds. Protecting a 79 today. Only playing 9 holes so need to shoot 39 today. I look at it as I need 4 Par’s and 5 bogeys (Par 34) and it sounds so simple……..but it’s not 

Received my first official handicap this week - 21.4. Unfortunately two of my three cards that I put in were the worst I've scored in the last year - including a 99 gross on a round that I started par bogey par... I'm generally shooting in the mid 80s the rest of the time!

Striking my irons better than I ever have just now and putting well too. New irons, three wood and driver all on order so hoping I can get myself well down into the mid teens handicap wise this year.

7 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

I’m 10.5 which is what I started the season at. Unfortunately I’m protecting 3 scores in the next 4 rounds. Protecting a 79 today. Only playing 9 holes so need to shoot 39 today. I look at it as I need 4 Par’s and 5 bogeys (Par 34) and it sounds so simple……..but it’s not 

Started triple-double! Round was In the bin from that point. Handicap will probably be around 10.8 

Played as a marker for my mate this afternoon while he played a GP. Was going to play one myself, but had a bit of a sore back so decided not to bother, although I still holed out on every hole.

Of course I went round in 3 under handicap off the back tees. Fucking stupid fucking game. Fortunately, my mate also played well, and went round in -1, so by our quick calculations he should be scratch tomorrow morning.

Was an absolutely cracking day for it

Received my first official handicap this week - 21.4. Unfortunately two of my three cards that I put in were the worst I've scored in the last year - including a 99 gross on a round that I started par bogey par... I'm generally shooting in the mid 80s the rest of the time!
Striking my irons better than I ever have just now and putting well too. New irons, three wood and driver all on order so hoping I can get myself well down into the mid teens handicap wise this year.
Only 1 of your cards will count at the moment, here's the chart with how many cards are counted from the number you have submitted. Up until you have put at least 14 or 15 cards in then you expect your handicap to go up and down like a yoyo.3d69678c6bb5fd38006b73dddcd62c4b.jpg

9 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Only 1 of your cards will count at the moment, here's the chart with how many cards are counted from the number you have submitted. Up until you have put at least 14 or 15 cards in then you expect your handicap to go up and down like a yoyo.3d69678c6bb5fd38006b73dddcd62c4b.jpg

Ah that's helpful. Also explains why it was 21.4 and not something like 26 or 27 when you average out the three scores! I knew it was flattened out somewhat and that my 11 on a par five would be expunged from the record 😄

For the most part my rounds have been quite decent this year with just the odd disaster hole or two thrown in. Knock out those and I'm pretty confident 15-18 range is easily attainable in the next couple of months.

Edited by Jamie_Beatson

39 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Ah that's helpful. Also explains why it was 21.4 and not something like 26 or 27 when you average out the three scores! I knew it was flattened out somewhat and that my 11 on a par five would be expunged from the record 😄

For the most part my rounds have been quite decent this year with just the odd disaster hole or two thrown in. Knock out those and I'm pretty confident 15-18 range is easily attainable in the next couple of months.

Disaster holes will be adjusted down to a net double bogey as well.

On the SGU app, it will show your adjusted gross, so don't be surprised if you suddenly have a score that was 2 or 3 shots better than your actual total

12 hours ago, peasy23 said:

They are certainly doing their best to keep the crowd sober next week, some difference from Masters prices.0a32fbe6cc230006e5e699447bfb37da.jpg

Im all for this of it keeps the drunk morons from shouting “Mashed Potato” or “Ba Ba Booya”