Golfers Thread

Gaz

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Can see a lot of lawyers being busy in the next few weeks after the PGA Tour refused to release players to play in the Saudi backed event next month.

That's a bit of a surprise. Everything I had read suggested they would go along with it until the first event played in the US. 

The PGA tour have obviously decided to get the battle lines drawn early. 

That's a bit of a surprise. Everything I had read suggested they would go along with it until the first event played in the US. 
The PGA tour have obviously decided to get the battle lines drawn early. 
Ultimately it's going to end up in court. Players will claim they are private contractors and can play where they like, the Tour will say they are a members organisation and that membership can be withdrawn. Will get quite messy very quickly imo.

Dp world tour will surely be doing the same so lots of lawyers making lots shortly.But the pga wouldn't be doing this without legal advice.

Just reading that players on the pga do sign a contract so it will be interesting to see how air tight it is 

Edited by doulikefish

On 07/05/2022 at 11:09, J_Stewart said:

It was tremendous, Kingsbarns especially, comfortably straight in to my top 10. Torrance has a quality layout, but they’d just seeded the greens to get it ready for the open qualifiers, so they were pretty ropey, but we’ll worth the cheaper rate with it still being in April. 34 points round Kingsbarns and a hungover 33 round Torrance as well. So no disgrace thankfully. Helped the weather was tremendous bar the last four holes on Saturday. Great weekend.
6d924c282494ab14c1d29b444963f400.jpg
3d503e917016f1c9053a562620092e55.jpg
ea455cbbd989115cfee4099ed5558560.jpg
1d9380c578eefd948bd4b4481e100caf.jpg
7f95a5c075dced496dbbb47ec3f00954.jpg
47ce6d708c033bec742c1d7f41d60c30.jpg
e242f19fde7e2236f21b27ade96fe9f8.jpg

Kingsbarns still the best course I’ve played. That picture you’ve took from the 15th tee brings back some good memories. I stuck my tee shot to about 6 inches on that hole, with a crowd of about 10 or so dog walkers looking on from the woods on the left.  

Edited by IrishBhoy

Got back last night from my wee trip north.

Cullen was great fun with some absolutely mad holes, although the greens were really slow (maybe they don't cut them on a Monday - we pretty much had the course to ourselves). 3 birdies mixed with the same number of triples for 30 points just about sums things up. The burger from the van next to the clubhouse was immense, though.

Maverston (just outside Elgin) was an absolute delight - fantastic layout, superb views, highly recommended if you're up that way. We played in very blowy conditions, so 32 points with a couple of blobs was pretty decent. Only thing letting the place down is the clubhouse, which is more like a leisure club cafe - you'd be struggling to get anything approaching a decent lunch if you wanted to use a day ticket.

Hadn't played Kingussie in quite some time and with the trees now much more mature it's a much better track. The view from the 17th tee was almost worth the green fee on its own. Scored 35 points with a couple of blobs (+3 for 16 holes), best I've struck the ball since my enforced break last August. The fact I improved each day was a bonus - the game's getting there... 😎

For the first time in about 8 years I stepped out onto the driving range about a mile from where I live.
Borrowed clubs (no idea where mine are [emoji22])
Bucket of 30 balls for $5

Maybe hit 5 decent shots [emoji15][emoji20]

Also, damn stupid, went along at 2pm when it was reportedly over 90degF and damn near passed out!

Will go again early in the morning

I'm guessing this must be connected to the LIV tour? Phil in the huff because the exemption requests have been denied. 
Got my doubts he'll ever play in a "regular" tour event again. Think his next appearance will be in the first LIV event.

12 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
21 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
I'm guessing this must be connected to the LIV tour? Phil in the huff because the exemption requests have been denied. 

Got my doubts he'll ever play in a "regular" tour event again. Think his next appearance will be in the first LIV event.

Yeah if he's not even going to defend his title in a major its hard to see him bothering to tee up anywhere else on the PGA tour. 

22 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

He hasn't played for ages. I'm guessing his ego wouldn't cope with a 78-81 missed cut, the p***k. 

Karrie Webb took a shot as well
Norman is obviously being paid a fortune for this shite, and is clearly out for himself
Good on her.

It's going to get interesting in the next few weeks. Apparently between both tours 80 players have asked to be released to play in a 48 man tourney. Going to be 32 rather pissed off players who have outed themselves as money grabbing b*****ds then don't actually get to play for the big purse.

Just now, peasy23 said:

Good on her.

It's going to get interesting in the next few weeks. Apparently between both tours 80 players have asked to be released to play in a 48 man tourney. Going to be 32 rather pissed off players who have outed themselves as money grabbing b*****ds then don't actually get to play for the big purse.

They're making some announcements next week aren't they? What a coincidence that it just happens to be the week of the USPGA.