Golfers Thread

Gaz

Played Lundin Links this morning, it's in fantastic nick for early May. Opted to play a General Score off the whites and hit 82 with about 4 3-putts - pretty acceptable since I'm still maybe at 85% fitness just now.

The pro there was telling us that Dumbarnie has closed for a fortnight as the greens are so bare they can't justify taking money off anyone... 🤨

I would have a little bit of respect for any of the guys taking the Saudi cash if they at least were honest about why they are doing it. All this "grow the game" shite can get in the bin. I can understand why someone like Bland, who has been a journeyman most of his days, has saw the chance of a huge payday. Not so much Westwood or Casey, as Bob says, how much money do you actually need?

17 minutes ago, funky_nomad said:

I'm on a wee trip north next week with some of the guys from my winter sweep. We're due to play Cullen, Maverston and Kingussie. Any views on the first 2 as I've only played Kingussie before?

This will get you up for playing Cullen

18 minutes ago, funky_nomad said:

I'm on a wee trip north next week with some of the guys from my winter sweep. We're due to play Cullen, Maverston and Kingussie. Any views on the first 2 as I've only played Kingussie before?

I've played Cullen a couple of times, although it was a few years back. It's an enjoyable course to play. Right on the water as you'll see in that video.

20 minutes ago, funky_nomad said:

I’ve never played Cullen, but been passed it many times as we holidayed up that way every year when I was growing up and it always looked great. Get up the high street for an ice cream afterwards, a must for any visit there. 

Been playing in the Tassie at Carnoustie all week.  Unfortunately didnt make it through to the matchplay but thoroughly enjoyed playing the Championship course off the white tees this afternoon - was playing unbelievably long as most pins as far back as possible....and very windy (we reckon close to 7200 yards)

Actually played far better going out into the wind and then i think I tired after a long week.  Had utterly sureal moment of hitting my drive down 18 with Paul Lawrie on the tee (hit probably my best ever tee shot at that hole) He was very complimentary on my chip into 17 as well.  Although I was a member of Kemnay when he was a junior I never played with him but played heaps of time with his brother.  He appeared to be at Carnoustie for some promotional photos.  Asked if he had just come to see how the Kemnay golfers were getting on  - hearing that we tend to have success at Carnoustie

Playing Montrose seniors open tomorrow - got late entry......looking forward to it.....not a patch on Carnoustie but a course I love to play nevertheless.

10 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Garcia having an utter meltdown over a lost ball and confirming he's chucking the tour at the same time. "Can't wait to leave this tour".

What an utter fucking child emoji23.png

So in Garcia’s world……

Brutal Saudi regime = good guys

Pernickety PGA Tour officials = bad guys

Fine sense of perspective from Sergio.

Played Lundin Links this morning, it's in fantastic nick for early May. Opted to play a General Score off the whites and hit 82 with about 4 3-putts - pretty acceptable since I'm still maybe at 85% fitness just now.
The pro there was telling us that Dumbarnie has closed for a fortnight as the greens are so bare they can't justify taking money off anyone... [emoji2955]
Dumbarnie shut for more than a fortnight.

https://www.bunkered.co.uk/golf-news/top-course-to-close-due-to-unacceptable-greens