Golfers Thread

Gaz

On 10/03/2022 at 08:28, pozbaird said:

Looks a bit like Lochwinnoch GC, which I was a member of for thirty-five years. A quirk of Lochwinnoch was that unless you knew where to look on the hillside it was located, you couldn’t see the course as you drove towards the village. You couldn’t see the course as you drove up Burnfoot road to the club, and you couldn’t even see any of the course from the car park. Then, when you wheeled your clubs around the clubhouse - wallop. There it was. Mount Everest. I once took an American visitor there. He looked at the course, looked at the scorecard I just handed him, and said ‘is that yardage or altitude on there’. 😜

Amongst a full round at Lochwinnoch you are lucky to get half a dozen shots from the fairway where the ball isn’t either a yard above your feet or a yard below them. It’s a course which certainly does not reward drives down the centre of the fairway. It’s been a few years since I played it but I remember they had 4 or 5 of their greens vandalised by a local farmer who poured diesel over them due to a grievance with how early the green keepers were starting their work. 

1 hour ago, Merkie84 said:

I would genuinely watch live coverage of this. 

makes me feel better about my game anyway!😂

https://youtu.be/IkCfFo5wL-U

Jerry Ireland - career low score - 126.   So basically he has never played golf before

Jeeso.....Angelo took a 67 at the 17th and finished his round on 257......so he is definitely not a golfer either

Edited by Caledonian1

14 hours ago, Netan Sansara said:

The Players is specifically called out in the rules for being able to extend play for as long as it takes in theory. The No Laying Up guys have talked about this before in detail. I think it’s possible this goes on until Tuesday. 

More bad weather on the radar for Tuesday this needs to done and dusted Monday 

3 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Scott Piercy 7 at the 17th gets the +2s in and McGinley will be telling us shortly the Rory can win it from there 

Even if he's still 9 shots behind after the 3rd round, McGinley will still be claiming a good start will get him right back into contention.

3 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Just clocked that I have Burns and Van Rooyen in my fantasy team. If they could run away with it from here that’d be great. 

Early days in the 3rd round but it looks like any number of players we'll still be in with a chance tomorrow. None of them appear to be in my team though.